Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

A 3-0 win on Saturday saw PTFC climb to 5th in the league. Still in their hands to win it...(Halstead away towards end of month is going to be massive). The players looked quite tired on Saturday though apparently, as only played two days prior in that niggly game vs Long Lane.... They have four days rest till the next game....

So, who's up for Peckham Town away to Forest Hill Park on Wednesday? Game will be played at the Ladywell arena, which is easily reached from Catford or Catford Bridge station.

He's missing. Presumably behind the camera....
No, I think EDC got it right first time...he's referring to the Portsmouth loving fan of (not-even-in)Peckham Town(no-more-than-a-localised-francise) FC. Whoever that might be! ;)

In this game doesn't appeal to anyone, easy to get to, trains from Forest Hill, to Whyteleafe, for the Isthmian League Cup Final, between Hendon & Grays Athletic could be a good game...

No, I think EDC got it right first time...he's referring to the Portsmouth loving fan of (not-even-in)Peckham Town(no-more-than-a-localised-francise) FC. Whoever that might be! ;)

In this game doesn't appeal to anyone, easy to get to, trains from Forest Hill, to Whyteleafe, for the Isthmian League Cup Final, between Hendon & Grays Athletic could be a good game...

Better than that Dulwich VILLAGE who represent a bunch of bourgeois Tory voting toffs, whose games are franchised out even further, to Catford. I also see they couldn't even beat the reserves of cheating Long Lane. Pathetic. ;)

Well if you're so against those bourgeois Tory voting toffs, then Dulwich Hamlet really is NOT the club for you...and we were established back in 1893 by those very same prominent local Tories. The whole foundations on which our club was established, and built the stepping stones to the great inter-war glory days...

For them it was doubt if it made the fifty mark. Half a dozen or so Dulwich fans, about a dozen groundhoppers, the rest Peckham town family & friends, maybe a few from Long Lane.

Just an ordinary bar, the old Southwark Sports Social Club, re-built after it burnt down a few years ago.

Peckham Town secured an excellent 3-1 away win at 2nd place Bexlians yesterday, which means it's in Peckham's hands to finish 2nd place at the end of the season. This would mean a play-off against the 2nd place team in the east division to decide who will be promoted.

Tuesday is a massive game, as the Menace travel away to top of the table Halstead United for a 6.45pm KO. They will need all the part-time DHFC support they can get for this game! Halstead play at Station Road, Halstead, TN14 7DH. This is 1 mile walk from Knockholt train station (zone 6) on one of the Kent train lines out of London.

When you mean 'all' you mean the usual handful, that you can count on one hand... ;)

My 'excuse' will be that I've not been there before...(Me & my damn closet groundhopping tendencies...) ;)

Looks like Peckham have got permission to move game that was scheduled for Thursday 30th (sandwiched between a Tuesday and Saturday) to Wednesday 6 May (and extending end of season).

Tuesday 21st April, 6.45pm - Halstead, Away
Saturday 25th April, 2.45pm - Farnborough O B Guild, Away
Tuesday 28th April, 6.30pm - Halls AFC, Home
Saturday 2nd May, 2.45pm - Belvedere, Home
Wednesday 6th May, 6.30pm or 6.45pm (TBC) - Bexley, Home (could well be make or break, winner takes 2nd place and play-off spot game).

Last edited:
When you mean 'all' you mean the usual handful, that you can count on one hand... ;)

My 'excuse' will be that I've not been there before...(Me & my damn closet groundhopping tendencies...) ;)

Well, you might be able to count them ALL on one of your hands? Most of us only have four fingers and a thumb though. Here was the #dhfc corner in November, with several more out of shot to the right. Would be great to see this many again!

10735006_410282585792788_1642933874_n.jpg

I was referring to the recent Thurday night game against Long Lane...NOT the Saturday earlier in the season against Enfield Town Under 21s, when clearly there were 'many' more Hamlet fans, who you could count on both hands...
maybe even adding one or two toes...
But I think you knew that...;)

So a 1-1 draw last night. How was the game? Dulwich Mishi pompeydunc

Looks like Peckham are relying on Halstead to slip up as well as winning all their remaining games now?

It was a competitive and evenly matched game. Lovely goal by Peckham, and mutual celebrations between players and the Menace Ultras at the side of the pitch. You will have to buy the programme at Tuesday's game to read more...and see photos!

Their late equaliser means it will be hard for Peckham to win the league now. They would need to win all four remaining games (3 at home though) and hope Halstead only get 5 points or less from their remaining 3 games. 2nd place is still in their hands though, as they play Bexley (currently in 2nd) in the last game.

Menace Ultras...that was the three of you...good grief! Fun...but hardly Menace Ultras! Ultras suggest dedication and loyalty...not a few Hamlet fans who are only there because it's a rare midweek game or two in the 'silly season'.
pompeydunc ....as always the 'master of spin'! ;)

But I have no doubt, when their ground improvements are ready, they will be able to reach at least Step Six, which is rwo divisions above their current one, and would be the Kent Invicta League.

Menace Ultras...that was the three of you...good grief! Fun...but hardly Menace Ultras! Ultras suggest dedication and loyalty...not a few Hamlet fans who are only there because it's a rare midweek game or two in the 'silly season'.
pompeydunc ....as always the 'master of spin'! ;)

You were part of it Mishi. You were standing with us....four of us....loyal to the core.....singing loudly and proudly for the Peckham cause. Menace Ultras together. Cygnus inter anates.

No, I was at a game at ground I've never been to, enjoying myself, singing for a local side, with three other Dulwich Hamlet supporters during the second half. In the first half I walked round the village recreation ground taking some photos, and chatting to numerous groundhoppers at the game who I happened to know.

A 'Menace Ultra' I am certainly not...as you well know.

But if you attach labels to people then I can fight fire with fire and am can do the same to you...Be warned...if you're going to label & take the piss out of me on the internet there's ONLY going to be one winner...and it won't be you! ;)

A 'Menace Ultra' I am certainly not...as you well know.

But if you attach labels to people then I can fight fire with fire and am can do the same to you...Be warned...if you're going to label & take the piss out of me on the internet there's ONLY going to be one winner...and it won't be you! ;)

Last edited:
Eh? What's the relevance of that? Didn't realise you were so 'clued up' on the international hooligan scene. Is there something you're not telling us pompeydunc ?

Back
Top Bottom