Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Would be good to have an MP as our goalie, could help get some £££/support to redo the ground. Defending an 18.5k majority, so presumably has a chance but likely to be a LAB win.

Goalkeeper Nathan Gamester has been selected as the Tory candidate for Chatham.& Aylesford.

I saw this earlier on my phone and wasn't sure I'd read it right.

Peckham Town's goalie is a tory candidate? Really?

Fking hell.

He'd get some stick for that at Winchester City, never mind SE London.
The current tory MP down here brings his kids with him as human shields when he makes his annual token visit to the Charters Estate Agents Community Ground.

Pics!

In photos: Peckham Town take on Peckham Town at in-house pre-season friendly, Sat 6th July 2024

In photos: Peckham Town take on Peckham Town at in-house pre-season friendly, Sat 6th July 2024

It took a while to get going but that was a very enjoyable 5-0 victory with some talented triallists :)

In photos: Peckham Town thump Battersea Ironsides 5-0 in entertaining pre-season friendly, Sat 20th July 2024

In photos: Peckham Town thump Battersea Ironsides 5-0 in entertaining pre-season friendly, Sat 20th July 2024

More on Buzz tomorrow.
Trialist #9 looked decent. Hopefully sticks around. Maddening how often Bah was free but not found. Camilo struggled to produce.

I think though it was only Ironsides’ first game but our third (?) so not sure how much the margin of victory counts for anything.

Trialist #9 looked decent. Hopefully sticks around. Maddening how often Bah was free but not found. Camilo struggled to produce.

I think though it was only Ironsides’ first game but our third (?) so not sure how much the margin of victory counts for anything.
It counts for everything. The princes of Peckham crushed the barons of Battersea. People will talk of this day through the eras. It was monumental.

It counts for everything. The princes of Peckham crushed the barons of Battersea. People will talk of this day through the eras. It was monumental.

Nice try editor, but the actual headline of PECKHAM BATTER-ZEA IRONSIDES can't be beaten for a headline!

I think the scoreline flattered us a little with three goals in last ten minutes when Battersea were dead on their feet. Their season starts later in Surrey Premier. Kent Prem starts 10 August. Their first training session was last Wednesday and they tried a few trialists that weren't up to it.

That being said, quietly impressed with several of the newbies. Majic adds versatility at the back. Ali is young on the wing, but has a great touch and cross. And we have pace up front again, which is so important at this level. Good to have competition for the GK spot too for the Tory! 🤣

From the existing squad, then Fareid and Jerry look secure at the back, but we lack depth. Fareid is leaving in September too, as moving away somewhere. 😥

Hassan looks great at left back and strong when going forward. Enjoying seeing Raymond Agyemang have a role in midfield as he's wasted at right back. I hope his brother returns, but no sign yet. Jacob looks like he has had no time away. Agree Camilo is too inconsistent and Bah has ability, but not converting that sufficiently into goals or creating enough. Tidi needs to shut his mouth and just play football - sin bin for nothing on Saturday and two red cards last season.

We will miss Joe's composure when he's on his game, but not his yellow card collection or tantrums. Kieran's goals should be replaced by the signings. He will regret leaving I expect.

Nice try editor, but the actual headline of PECKHAM BATTER-ZEA IRONSIDES can't be beaten for a headline!

I think the scoreline flattered us a little with three goals in last ten minutes when Battersea were dead on their feet. Their season starts later in Surrey Premier. Kent Prem starts 10 August. Their first training session was last Wednesday and they tried a few trialists that weren't up to it.

That being said, quietly impressed with several of the newbies. Majic adds versatility at the back. Ali is young on the wing, but has a great touch and cross. And we have pace up front again, which is so important at this level. Good to have competition for the GK spot too for the Tory! 🤣

From the existing squad, then Fareid and Jerry look secure at the back, but we lack depth. Fareid is leaving in September too, as moving away somewhere. 😥

Hassan looks great at left back and strong when going forward. Enjoying seeing Raymond Agyemang have a role in midfield as he's wasted at right back. I hope his brother returns, but no sign yet. Jacob looks like he has had no time away. Agree Camilo is too inconsistent and Bah has ability, but not converting that sufficiently into goals or creating enough. Tidi needs to shut his mouth and just play football - sin bin for nothing on Saturday and two red cards last season.

We will miss Joe's composure when he's on his game, but not his yellow card collection or tantrums. Kieran's goals should be replaced by the signings. He will regret leaving I expect.
Where has Joe gone? Somewhere they won’t make him play left back…?!

What word on Carrick and Ben W? I thought I saw Ben at the weekend but was probably mistaken. The hipster trialist at centre mid was interesting - though I didn’t really leave off admiring his gazelle-like prancing running style to actually work out if I thought he could play.

Signing up the #9 trialist and playing him through the middle is a must based on that display.

Where has Joe gone? Somewhere they won’t make him play left back…?!

What word on Carrick and Ben W? I thought I saw Ben at the weekend but was probably mistaken. The hipster trialist at centre mid was interesting - though I didn’t really leave off admiring his gazelle-like prancing running style to actually work out if I thought he could play.

Signing up the #9 trialist and playing him through the middle is a must based on that display.

Can't remember where Joe has gone. Carrick is playing cricket at the moment, so is taking his chances on getting back in the team. Ben is quiet normally, but has gone silent on intentions and has not been to training - probably still injured. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure who you mean on hipster trialist? The fourth goalscorer? He did well in trials apparently, but has been away since and just returned, so too early to tell IMO. Nice finish for the 4th, but it was rather gifted.

Last edited:
Can't remember where Joe has gone. Carrick is playing cricket at the moment, so is taking his chances on getting back in the team. Ben is quiet normally, but has gone silent on intentions and has no been to training - probably still injured. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure who you mean on hipster trialist? The fourth goalscorer? He did well in trials apparently, but has been away since and just returned, so too early to tell IMO. Nice finish for the 4th, but it was rather gifted.
Played centre mid. Tall, slim, verging on lissom. Rafa moustache.

"An eventful summer"
He lost to Labour by 2,000 votes in the end, having inherited a majority of 18,500 from Tracey Crouch:

It would have been worse if he'd stood in Peckham. The Tories finished behind Labour, Liberal Democrats and Green in all 5 Southwark constituencies (3 of which now encompass parts of Lambeth and Lewisham following boundary changes) and were 5th behind Deform in Bermondsey & Old Southwark.

Congrats to Nick for getting his Peckham pic in the Association of Photographers Awards – documentary finalists section.

1723214692439.png

Bit of a gnarly game with a ref hell bent on stretching the space/time continuum when it came to finally blowing for full time, but still three lovely points nestled in the bag :)

Extra added bonus for Menace fans this weekend as the Feminista play a preseason friendly at home to Islington Roses. Kick off is 4:30pm

What a pass from the back for third goal! This angle doesn't do it justice as the swerve with the outside of the right foot got it past the midfielder in front of him and also split the defence at the perfect pace for the sub winger to run onto. 😍

Back
Top Bottom