Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

When the linesman began flagging I assumed it was to advise a reversal of the penalty award, but instead both Peckham centre banks were shown straight red cards (presumably for foul and abusive language)

Another excellent example of the genre of why giving awful people more ways to influence a game is a terrible idea. Good process lads.

Photos from Saturday:

In photos: Peckham Town lose out at Cuxton 91, Sat 28th Sept 2024

Shame too about the referee. Absurd second penalty for them second half, and not giving us a clear one in the first (as he was wrong side to see the obvious handball). And once again the usual double standard - the Thamesmead manager and assistant screamed themselves to the point of apoplexia on numerous occasions, using all the “foul and abusive language” they had at their disposal… And weren’t even spoken to. But that’s okay because they’re white so it’s allowed.

1728951092134.png

It was blooming cold tonight, and despite the 0-0 scoreline quite an exciting game. The shiny new ground was rather splendid too, even if it did have astro - spit!- turf.

It's nearly 40 years since this was my team's home ground in the Saturday afternoon London Banks League, when it was the National Dock Labour Board sports ground, and I'm glad to see Cray have incorporated the original clubhouse into the redevelopment. It was just a big open field in those days with the clubhouse in the middle, 4 pitches on the side of the new stadium and another 2 on the opposite side where the crazy golf is now. There were dressing rooms for 12 teams and a big dining hall upstairs. Most other venues we played at were similar. You'd get a free or very cheap sit down meal after the game plus jugs of beer on the table. In the days when major employers encouraged and subsidised social activities for their workforce. I'm looking forward to visiting with the Hamlet on New Year's Day.

Back
Top Bottom