Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

That's the pitch Dartford women use next to the main ground. I should double check the venue for this fixture. I was under the impression Halls had taken over the Erith Leisure Centre from Erith Town, who have moved in at Thamesmead, and the FA fixture website lists it for there:

Correct. Presume they've moved there to be eligible for promotion, given that they are paying players. Another club with limited support paying for a groundshare and players. What happens when the money runs out?

That's the pitch Dartford women use next to the main ground. I should double check the venue for this fixture. I was under the impression Halls had taken over the Erith Leisure Centre from Erith Town, who have moved in at Thamesmead, and the FA fixture website lists it for there:

Correct. Presume they've moved there to be eligible for promotion, given that they are paying players. Another club with limited support paying for a groundshare and players. What happens when the money runs out
It's been quite hard to work out where the fuck they are, to be honest, and the link to their official homepage is dead from the page I posted earlier.
I've emailed them.

The full time FA website is the most reliable source and what I go by.

Their Twitter suggests they’ve played home matches at Erith Leisure Centre.

Eg:

Supposing we knocked them out of the Cup (I know this is a league game but stick with me) would your headline be “Decked the Halls”?

When I looked at their Twitter account it was packed full of pinned posts dating back years, but I can see that was down to my refusal to sign into Twitter/X/Muskface.

Their 2nd March game was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch so I'm not too hopeful for Saturday.

As this thread heads towards a landmark figure of 1,000 posts, I thought I'd look back on my time with Peckham.

On Brixton Buzz, there's been over 130 articles about the club, with the first report being published in April 2015 by The Luxury Fan who seems to have vanished since.

I paid my first visit a week later and posted up a photo report, which now highlights how much the club has grown (as has Bryan's hair):

1710353751474.png

1710353769121.png

1710353791633.png

See all Peckham reports on Buzz here: Search Results for “Peckham Town ”

When I looked at their Twitter account it was packed full of pinned posts dating back years, but I can see that was down to my refusal to sign into Twitter/X/Muskface.

Their 2nd March game was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch so I'm not too hopeful for Saturday.
If it’s on I’m gonna go. But as you say, looking iffy.

If it’s on I’m gonna go. But as you say, looking iffy.
I've converted a friend into a full on Peckham fan so he'll be along too, if the game's on.
He also came with me to Hamlet last Saturday but said he preferred the vibe further down the football pyramid.

Annoyingly the Peckham Women’s game resulted in a walkover as Croydon were unable to field a team. Though we get awarded a 3-0 win this was an opportunity to add some pluses to the goal difference in the race for the Division One North title. We were briefly top of the table but our rivals Franchester won 6-1 to reclaim top spot with two weeks of the season left. There’s four games left both double headers, next week vs South London Laces then an amazing winner takes all doubleheader with Franchester on Saturday 9th March kicking off at 10am on Clapham Common. All support would be so appreciated.
Quick update. The kick off time for this game is now 11am.

The scoreline flatters the hosts, but they made the most of the opportunities in a tight game to beat Peckham 4-1. :(

Frustrating and somewhat controversial afternoon for the Peckham Feminista as we finished in runners up spot in the LWSFL Division One North following a 2-2 draw and a 2-1 defeat against title rivals Franchester United today.

The first game we started strongly but went behind when a deep cross shot from the right wing drifted beyond me & went in off the back post. We were still behind at the break but hit back to go ahead 2-1. However the goal that decided the destination of the title was a controversial one, a long throw going straight in with the referee saying a player had touched though no one seemed to know who. The 2-2 draw meant that although a win in the second could still have clinched the title we would have needed to win by 15 clear goals. We started well and took the lead but again some contentious decisions swing the game. The first a penalty for handball when a shot was smashed into a defender’s body. Not at my best for the conversion. The second free kick that was brilliantly finished into the top corner. We worked really hard for the full 2 hours of football but it was not to be. If a crumb of consolation could be taken it was that the last time we faced Franchester two seasons back in the Premier division we were roundly beaten 10-1. The improvements in this team is incredible. Our next target is the League where we have a bye to the quarter finals to face Camden Town. More information on kickoff and venue nearer the time.

Weird that the referee who used to completely lose his shit if Peckham fans strayed within 5 metres of the pitch or stood behind the goal had no problems with kids kicking balls around the touchline for 90 mins or with this clown running across the field of play to retrieve his ball.

1710628406740.png

WTAF??? 😳 I’m used to this happening in women’s football… in one midweek 7s league I play in they’ve now brought in security to ensure that only those playing in the league access the pitches. There’d been so many incidents some of them quite threatening. In an incident reminiscent of this as we were defending an opposition attack I realised there was an adult male standing on the pitch punting in crosses to a child he was apparently coaching. Absolutely nuts!!!

Pics:

In photos: Peckham Town lose 1-4 to high flying Halls AFC, Sat 16th March, 2024

After narrowly missing out on top spot in our division the women’s team now turn our attention to the League Cup. We’ve got a bye through the first round of the competition & have been drawn against Camden Town in the quarterfinals. The tie is set for Saturday 13th April although the kickoff time has yet to be confirmed. The venue is likely to be Raynes Park as the Clapham Common football pitches will be closed from April 8th in preparation for the festival season. More details when I have them.

Was genuinely concerned that was the Rapture at one point.
First goal was the killer. Blatant handball the ref missed. The reaction from the players should have told him.
Just looking short of match fitness against sides that aren’t - understandable given how many games we’ve had cancelled.

Well was one hell of a testerone fuelled, puffed up shouty blokes encounter. 1-1 full time and it feels like a victory.

9 men, with outfield player in goal all game, due to all 3 GKs injured or not available, against top of the table; it feels like winning the champions league!

9 men, with outfield player in goal all game, due to all 3 GKs injured or not available, against top of the table; it feels like winning the champions league!
The absolute highlight was when their captain did his best to ensure one of our players got sent off and then arrogantly waved goodbye in his face as he left the field - only for him to be sent off a short while after.

And here is he. Enjoy the schadenfreude!

1712440488283.png

1712440368176.png

Back
Top Bottom