Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Happy for everything to go against us in pre-season if we get given a dodgy one against Red Velvet once it starts properly.

Personally, thought that was ball to hand. Blasted at him, but guess arm is not in a natural position?

This one on the other hand was an absolute stonewall penalty, and hilarious that it wasn't given...

That was a crazy and infuriating 90 mins with a jazz-funk ref making loads of bizarre decisions, sending off two Peckham players, and the game ending in near total darkness but the Menace came away with all three points, coming back from conceding an early goal to win 2-1. Photos on Buzz tomorrow!

Pics!

In photos: Peckham Town come away with all three points after lively encounter at Stansfeld, Weds 16th August 2023

In photos: Peckham Town come away with all three points after lively encounter at Stansfeld, Weds 16th August 2023

We've had that ref several times before. He's very matey, first name terms, with undiverse Kent teams and talks down at our players. Draw your own conclusions on that.

I wasn't there, but I would be very interested to know your views on the two yellows for Kieran in one minute and the second yellow for Hassan....as well as whether playing 10 minutes added time was justified (including eight mins with nine men). editor

Peckham Town bagged a last minute winner and won 3-2 in a bad tempered encounter that saw both teams down to ten men.

Peckham Town bagged a last minute winner and won 3-2 in a bad tempered encounter that saw both teams down to ten men.

That's four reds in three matches now, all for two yellow cards. These Kent refs can't wait to flash cards at our players (three after 88 mins), where a smile and a pat on the back for the Kent players usually suffice!

That's four reds in three matches now, all for two yellow cards. These Kent refs can't wait to flash cards at our players (three after 88 mins), where a smile and a pat on the back for the Kent players usually suffice!
Some of us have standards. An overly slack approach to dealing with petty indiscipline will result in anarchy. Pat on the back my arse!

This will be the last season we’re their problem.

I can't complain about yesterday's sending off. Violently pushing a player over from behind was incredibly stupid. And the ref was right to send off the Cuxton player too after he became a ball of frothing rage.

A sweet 4-1 cup victory today!
A great win yesterday, and a really enjoyable game too.

We could/should have been three or four up by the time they equalised, but we didn’t quite have the luck. Then when they scored, something clicked in the team.

(Thought the referee and linesmen had a great game too - don’t often say that after a Peckham game. Kept things calm, and some sensible decisions.)

A great win yesterday, and a really enjoyable game too.

We could/should have been three or four up by the time they equalised, but we didn’t quite have the luck. Then when they scored, something clicked in the team.

(Thought the referee and linesmen had a great game too - don’t often say that after a Peckham game. Kept things calm, and some sensible decisions.)
I agree - I thought the officials did a good job. And glad to see the ref has got over his weird dislike of people standing at one end of the ground!

Back
Top Bottom