Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Pics here

In photos: Peckham Town smash Stansfeld 5-0 in front of a record home crowd, Sat 10th October 2020

In photos: Peckham Town smash Stansfeld 5-0 in front of a record home crowd, Sat 10th October 2020

Really enjoyed that. Their bench and staff were a nasty bunch of pricks. “Six months ago this lot were probably throwing paint over Churchill’s statue” being one of the standout comments. Full time rainbow must have devastated them. Inbred wankers.
i get the impression theres more than one cuntish team in this league

We walked it from the local station all those years ago. I can't recall how long the walk was however; we had Mishi with us and he wasn't famous for enjoying ludicrously long walks to grounds.

It was certainly far enough and the kind of walk to pose challenges to those with limited mobility sadly.

Edited to say Pink Panther, also there that day, has previously posted it was about half an hour walk from the station. His memory for that sort of stuff is rather better than mine...

Last edited:
That was brilliant fun. Loved it. Thinking about going to Crockenhill away - but looks like you only get there by helicopter.
Map below with ground arrowed. We walked along the roads from Swanley station via Crockenhill village. The second leg going east from the village is a country lane with no footpath. I'm fairly sure it took no more than half an hour in total. There's a footpath marked which cuts off the corner and should save 5-10 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201014-214615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201014-214615_Chrome.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
This should track it from the station including that footpath
Crockenhill FC
Incidentally Green Court Sports Club, next to the Swanley By-pass, is the former ground of Alma Swanley who played in the Spartan and Kent Leagues. When Alma folded the ground was taken over by Danson Furness who became Kent League Champions in 1995/6. I saw them beat Dartford in front of a 1,000+ crowd in their decisive final match. They were unable to accept promotion due to lack of floodlights, an issue that forced their demotion a year later and ultimately led to the club's demise.

This should track it from the station including that footpath
Crockenhill FC

The shortcut across the field is very pleasant itself. Might be a bit muddy after rain though.

The start of the footpath is very well hidden. It's behind a bus stop, the sign hidden in an overgrown bush and the start feels like you are walking into someone's driveway. Classic route to a non-league ground.

Unfortunately Saturday's match at Crockenhill is off. We have a player and member of coaching staff down with COVID. We can't restart football till we get all clear from NHS track and trace and news on who else might need to isolate. Gutted, as I was really looking forward to this one.

Unfortunately Saturday's match at Crockenhill is off. We have a player and member of coaching staff down with COVID. We can't restart football till we get all clear from NHS track and trace and news on who else might need to isolate. Gutted, as I was really looking forward to this one.
So pissed off about this.

The match vs Otford United at home on Saturday is ON....unless the weather intervenes!

The Football Ramble was at our last match with their "at the match" feature, which comes across well... Apart from the first guy they speak to 😆.

Was on my way to today's game when I got stuck on a faulty train at Queen's Road for 20 minutes, meaning I'd have missed the kick off, so when a train pulled in on the opposite platform I jumped off and went back home for the Hamlet game on Radio/YouTube instead. ☹

Back
Top Bottom