Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

For my first competitive game since lockdown, it was a good one. Both teams had good chances, Cubo should have scored within the 90mins from the amount of chances they had and from what others have said one of the goal line clearances was over the line.
Anyhoo, it was a great result for Peckham, plus awesome to see a few friendly faces and thank fook for Gore-Tex. The ride home was interesting 😲

Last edited:
I really warmed to their pint-sized goalie - I thought he played really well - until he started up the ridiculous attempt at 'intimidation' before the penalty shoot out and then had a monster hissy fit.

Match report

Peckham Town win the London FA Trophy in rain lashed final against AFC Cubo, Fri 28th Aug 2020

Peckham Town win the London FA Trophy in rain lashed final against AFC Cubo, Fri 28th Aug 2020

Out of interest, were there any social distancing precautions or guidelines that fans had to adhere to? People don't look very spaced out in those photos.

Out of interest, were there any social distancing precautions or guidelines that fans had to adhere to? People don't look very spaced out in those photos.
There was plenty of space to feel safe in and the risks are considerably lower outdoors, but just like every pub/bar I've been to since the lockdown eased, I wouldn't say that social distancing was 100% adhered to all the time.

There were, but I think it was totally ignored in the other side of the bar for some sort of teens' party.

Was that the game at Tooting with the function where all those pissed women were dressed as schoolgirls?

Yep , an all female Beaujolais Day knees up , couldn't remember the song that was blaring out over the minutes silence for Turvey but it was funny , i think one of the women jumped the fence onto the pitch but fortunately didn't go over the white line , all pretty surreal

Yep , an all female Beaujolais Day knees up , couldn't remember the song that was blaring out over the minutes silence for Turvey but it was funny , i think one of the women jumped the fence onto the pitch but fortunately didn't go over the white line , all pretty surreal
I was probably lucky to be staffing the cask ale bar at the far end that day, think it was against Oxford City.

Back
Top Bottom