Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Don't travel (if anyone was?!) - this game is now OFF. :confused:

I need to take a holiday. Hold on, I am on holiday...

Triple win weekend! :thumbs::dude:

peckham-7-1-langley-sept-2019-01.jpg

peckham-7-1-langley-sept-2019-17.jpg

peckham-women-10.jpg

Peckham Town FC triple win weekend with goals galore as men and women’s teams triumph, 8th/9th Sept 2019

Probably but there are hoops to jump through for the ground owners so watch for confirmation.

Also it's been reported the FA submission to DCMS was levels 3-6 should re-open with a maximum of 16% of normal capacity. I've not seen any comments yet as to whether this is what was signed off today. (The proposal was it would later to rise to 30%.) If lots of local fans / groundhoppers after a competitive game show up, and that 16% rule is in force, it may be an issue. Again, watch for confirmation.

Hopefully most non-league grounds have a "technical" capacity that can be used - agreed by local H&S or Fire regs. Down here, I expect Winchester City could get 2,000 in, safely, if we needed to, (but that's never happened obv) The biggest crowd I've seen was about 750 - 16% of that is 120 - well below our average last season of 164 (!). 16% of 2,000 would be 320. We could get a crowd like that with a decent bit of publicity to live football starved fans.

This could be a real boom for non league clubs like us, given a safe (but sane) policy response, and a decent bit of marketing.

I'm probably being a bit optimistic.

The 16% sounds about right if my maths is right. Hitchin Town are talking about 500 capacity in a 3000 ground. All entrance by pre booked online tickets so ground hoppers do that or they don't get in. Correct safe way to do it.

We should get more clarity today. It's now clear the government have signed this off but not the FA, yet. An FA statement is due today

Last edited:
Here's the FA Guidance. If it was a Fisher game on that date it would be 15% of minimum capacity permitted, meaning a maximum of 150 fans

I presume that will apply to this fixture too but.......

We are expecting that it will be open to supporters now - awaiting confirmation from LFA. As you say, it would probably be limited to only 150. I'm not sure how they will be allocated and managed yet, but will endeavour to find out once above is confirmed.

Having this same problem with the Menace Arena. Published FA version of COVID action plan for the club at end of last month to allow training to restart for all teams. Turned around a 17 page Council version over a weekend and submitted on 10 August. Absolutely nothing back since, despite calls / emails to prompt for feedback.

Spoke to LFA yesterday and they are confident supporters will be able to attend and tickets will go on sale on Wednesday. However, I don't share their confidence given the lack of communication. No idea why Southwark is so much slower than rest of the country.

Venue switched for the Trophy Final on Friday to Cray Valley PM. Southwark Council are dragging their heals on reopening of grounds under their tenure to the public, so switch was made today.

150 tickets will go on sale at 6pm tomorrow (Tuesday). Keep an eye on London FA and Peckham Town social media for ticket link if you are interested in going. I expect players family and friends will take up a lot of these, so may sell out quick.

Back
Top Bottom