Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

I went down a few weeks back to watch Peckham, but they don't allow dogs pitchside. Which is a shame. Not sure about other pets.

Peckham pics, thanks to Mr Hart.

peckham-town-2-1-borden-03.jpg

peckham-town-2-1-borden-07.jpg

In photos: Peckham Town defeat Borden Village 2-1 in final home game of the season

Such a shame they don't have a volunterr to do a basic A4 foldover teamsheet, as in a four-pager, for games like these. Charge £2/£1 donation with the psmall programme, and it would more than pay the costs of the match officials when they have an end of season game like this, when they know there'll be a number of Hamlet fans, as well as a few groundhoppers in attendance.

Such a shame they don't have a volunterr to do a basic A4 foldover teamsheet, as in a four-pager, for games like these. Charge £2/£1 donation with the psmall programme, and it would more than pay the costs of the match officials when they have an end of season game like this, when they know there'll be a number of Hamlet fans, as well as a few groundhoppers in attendance.
Mike Smith probably covers the officials' costs, seeing as he sponsors half the advertising boards in the ground.

Mike Smith probably covers the officials' costs, seeing as he sponsors half the advertising boards in the ground.
An assumption, but even if he does....the money made could be diverted elsewhere, like their efforts to get floddlights, or help in the kitty, where they fund a huge amount of junior sides.
Not that I'm knocking what they do per se, as I know how hard it is to get volunteers at our level, never mind theres. But these type of end of season matches when 'everyone' 'pretends' to be a Peckham Town fan is a chance to make a few pennies, when usually they play in front of a handful of people rather than fifty or more...

Thanks editor. If you have 10 minutes to send a note of support, then I know all at Peckham Town would really appreciate it. Approval would enable the first men's team to finally move up to step 6.

Bryan Hall, the club's chair, also received an award at the civic awards yesterday. Well deserved for the over 2000 kids the club has supported in estates across Southwark over the last 13 years.

Thanks editor. If you have 10 minutes to send a note of support, then I know all at Peckham Town would really appreciate it. Approval would enable the first men's team to finally move up to step 6.
I shall do likewise when I have PC access tomorrow. Peckham Town is comfortably a Step 6 set up and there is a dearth of clubs at that level across the Inner South London Boroughs. It's also the closest "proper" club with its own ground to my home, even notwithstanding the Hamlet's lockout.

If you aren't tired of the football season yet, then there are four more first team games for Peckham Town this season (all free entry):
  • Tonight (a bit late notice perhaps!), 18.45: Tudor Sports vs PTFC men @ Cray Wanderers fantastic old ground, i.e. Oxford Road, DA14 6LW - there is a micropub about 5 mins walk away.
  • Saturday 4 May, 14.45: Fleetdown United vs PTFC men (DA1 2QE - walking distance from Dartford station)
  • Sunday 5 May, 13.30: PTFC women vs Comets LFC (Menace Arena, SE21 7EU)
  • Sunday 12 May, 13.30: PTFC women vs Crystal Palace LFC Development (Menace Arena, SE21 7EU) - will be tough game against a side that have won ALL of their games this season with +70 goal difference!

Three pre-season games have been arranged for the Menace Arena (SE21 7EU) in July. Two don't clash with currently planned Hamlet games, while one is on the same day as the Marine game, so perhaps convenient for those who are not able to travel that far.
  • PTFC vs Hackney Wick (Step 6) - 12.30pm, Saturday 6 July
  • PTFC vs Punjab United (Step 5) - 3pm, Saturday 13 July
  • PTFC vs Clapton CFC (Step 7) - 12.30pm, Saturday 27 July (i.e. possible to double up with DHFC vs Crystal Palace U23s at 3pm, indeed the P13 will take you from ground to ground)

More info here: Home pre-season games announced - News - Peckham Town Football Club. A small programme will be produced for each game, and all home games at the Menace Arena next season.

Attachments

• peckham.jpg
    peckham.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seen on Twitter that tomorrow’s lunchtime friendly for Peckham Town against Hackney Wick has been cancelled. It didn’t say why but presumably Peckham can’t raise a side as Hackney have a hastily arranged new game away to Farnborough Old Boys Guild.
If anyone wants a local football fix tomorrow before we take on Colchester United on Tuesday then 100% fan owned Fisher have a 3:00pm kick off at home to Sutton Athletic at their Salter Road ground, admission only £4, with cheaper concessions.

Update for tomorrow... Some local football for those who didn't make it up north. Free entry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom