Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Peckham are at home again on Saturday vs Ide Hill, and again on 26 September vs Faversham Strike Force (what a name!). Short trip to Farnborough OBG (just past Bromley) on 19 September.

Given the existing situation, then it was great to be able to beat the record league gate (159) last Saturday, which is still only about 10% capacity. Hopefully top that again this Saturday...

Cracking game today - 3-1 to Peckham!

In photos: Peckham Town roll over Ide Hill in a 3-1 home win, Sat 12th Sept 2020

In photos: Peckham Town roll over Ide Hill in a 3-1 home win, Sat 12th Sept 2020

Have to say I'm loving football at this level.
Right with you on that one....am enjoying your coverage Ed, do please keep the thread going, would like to get over for at least one game this autumn

If Peckham gets a bit too big time what with fangled tickets and stands I dont know if its still going there, its a few years back now, but on the other side of the south circ there were some Sunday league team matches in the past - I remember watching a team called The Upsetters (from Brixton quite possibly) play once - that was proper one man and his dog territory

google isnt throwing much up but found this on youtbe from 2009 of a youth match

go on the upsetters!!!

I was considering my first away trip with Peckham this Saturday but it's a hefty schlep east to see the K Sports Reserves - at least a three hour round trip.

I was considering my first away trip with Peckham this Saturday but it's a hefty schlep east to see the K Sports Reserves - at least a three hour round trip.
The must visit away ground in that division is probably Crockenhill, about a half hour walk from Swanley station which has a direct service from Denmark Hill. It can also be reached from Brixton, changing at Bromley South. The fixture doesn't appear to have a date yet but it's an amazing little ground that hosted Step 5 football for many years before lack of floodlights forced the club down the leagues.

The must visit away ground in that division is probably Crockenhill, about a half hour walk from Swanley station which has a direct service from Denmark Hill. It can also be reached from Brixton, changing at Bromley South. The fixture doesn't appear to have a date yet but it's an amazing little ground that hosted Step 5 football for many years before lack of floodlights forced the club down the leagues.

100% agree with that. It's one of my favourites at any level. Wonderful location, there is a hidden footpath across a field that cuts some of the walk time down. The clubhouse has an array of memorabilia. They got a set of tracksuits for Tony Cascarino when they sold him.

Not far from where I work, I’ll check it out, ta for the heads up.

Crockenhill is a gem. It's a sad reflection on the desperation for floodlights at levels that can't afford them that they got stuffed.

When living in Liverpool I watched Prescot Cables. In December and January they kicked off at 1.30. Now teams at that level, they were NWCL then, need to have spent stupid money on floodlights. Madness with that size crowd.

Crockenhill is a gem. It's a sad reflection on the desperation for floodlights at levels that can't afford them that they got stuffed.
Remember going to that Sunday morning youth team game there about 25 years ago? We went to the village pub afterwards with Mishi and as soon as we walked through the door a fight broke out! I think Griff might have been there too.

Remember going to that Sunday morning youth team game there about 25 years ago? We went to the village pub afterwards with Mishi and as soon as we walked through the door a fight broke out! I think Griff might have been there too.

Mishi walking into a pub and a fight breaking out? I couldn't possibly imagine that this might have been linked!

Photos courtesy of Mishi...

Mishi walking into a pub and a fight breaking out? I couldn't possibly imagine that this might have been linked!
It was genuinely a pure coincidence! None of us had ever been there before and we were probably the only people there who weren't regulars. The landlady was really embarrassed and apologised profusely to us: "I'm ever so sorry, we've been here five years and it's never happened before, it's not usually like this." Needless to say we thought the whole incident was hilarious.

I went back for the first time only a couple of weeks ago as I was in the area with a friend.

Back
Top Bottom