Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

Photos from Peckham Town's 4-1 victory today

Peckham Town cruise past Otford United with 4-1 home victory, Sat 24th Oct 2020

Fisher have tweeted they had a record league crowd at their current ground today as well. Looks like they and Peckham are gaining nicely from the higher level teams being behind closed doors

Fisher have tweeted they had a record league crowd at their current ground today as well. Looks like they and Peckham are gaining nicely from the higher level teams being behind closed doors
298 at Fisher for a goalless draw with Deal. Sell out crowds of 300 in the same division at Sheppey and Tunbridge Wells:

Is there a limit on how many supporters are currently allowed into the ground?

This is a question that I never for a minute thought we would have to think about, even with the continued closure of Step 2 and above to supporters. The 275 crowd was probably the second best at Step 7 in the country, as I see Clapton CFC had 300. Most Step 7 clubs don't declare an attendance, as matches are often free, but there are no records for this. It was also the second highest attendance at Step 6, with only West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC attracting a higher crowd. Step 5 and 6 clubs are restricted to 30% of capacity, up to a maximum of 300 (no matter how big the ground is).

PTFC are Step 7 and have a different set of guidance to follow for grassroots football. The major risk for clubs at this level is that if we go to Tier 3, then I think football would need to stop (but there was/is conflicting advice around this), let alone crowds being stopped (unlike Steps 3-6 and above, which continues). This causes a difficulty for leagues that are split over areas. I think this is the guidance that is applicable to DHFC women as well.

Last edited:
This is a question that I never for a minute thought we would have to think about, even with the continued closure of Step 2 and above to supporters. The 275 crowd was probably the second best at Step 7 in the country, as I see Clapton CFC had 300. Most Step 7 clubs don't declare an attendance, as matches are often free, but there are no records for this. It was also the second highest attendance at Step 6, with only West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC attracting a higher crowd. Step 5 and 6 clubs are restricted to 30% of capacity, up to a maximum of 300 (no matter how big the ground is).
It is pretty incredible the speed in which the crowds are growing. Obviously the spectator ban on Hamlet/bigger clubs is playing a part but it's still impressive stuff.

I'm afraid the rain has meant I'm not going.

2.5 mile long trudges through shit countryside I can take. But not in the rain.

Can spectators go to Peckham's game on Saturday?

Yes, socially distant spectators in groups of no more than six are permitted at grassroots football. We are still looking at the finer details, and will put something out on this as soon as we can. I recognise this is barmy with the DHFC announcement, but this is the crazy situation we are in.

Back
Top Bottom