Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

A new ground for me, although I've walked the dog over there countless times and watched the odd Sunday morning match.

Looks like Peckham Town reserves will be the first local opportunity for those craving a live football fix.

Fans allowed at youth and reserve fixtures from April 12.

It's at the field opposite the ground so zero facilities, but free to get in and BYO is allowed...

All grassroots is open to supporters (bubbles of six) from 12 April, so lots of first teams too.

There are matches at Pynners on 3 April too. It's open access from three sides, so can't really police the no supporters rule from 29 March to 11 April. This will the same for many grassroots teams who generally play in open areas and enclosed grounds are the exception rather than the rule.

Match photos

In photos: Peckham Town 3-0 Richmond Park, Sat 17th April 2021

Photos:

In photos: Ten man Peckham FC beat Croydon 3-0 in feisty cup encounter

More info in the world's longest non-league match report

Great photos Mike. Love the first one. Such a shame no supporters were permitted. What makes the second half three goals with ten men even more impressive is that six (four starters and two subs) of the squad were fasting for Ramadan. I have no idea how they are able to play at that level with no food or water.

What makes the second half three goals with ten men even more impressive is that six (four starters and two subs) of the squad were fasting for Ramadan. I have no idea how they are able to play at that level with no food or water.
No water seems a bit extreme. I've just had a late breakfast after fasting for a blood test this morning.

The Menace 'A' Team still have two matches left to play this season. They are currently fourth, and the top two go up. They are playing the 3rd place team tomorrow (their last game), while the 2nd place team have already finished their season. If they win tomorrow, then they are guaranteed 2nd and are promoted. If they draw, then they need to win next week to be promoted. If they lose tomorrow, then they can't finish and 2nd be promoted. Followed that?!

Anyway, if you are still interested in watching a bit of football, then the game is taking place at Old Roan FC (complete with a decent bar that opens at Midday). It's easy to get to - direct train from Denmark Hill / Peckham Rye / Nunhead to Kidbrooke and ten minute walk. KO is at 2pm.

The Menace 'A' Team still have two matches left to play this season. They are currently fourth, and the top two go up. They are playing the 3rd place team tomorrow (their last game), while the 2nd place team have already finished their season. If they win tomorrow, then they are guaranteed 2nd and are promoted. If they draw, then they need to win next week to be promoted. If they lose tomorrow, then they can't finish and 2nd be promoted. Followed that?!

Anyway, if you are still interested in watching a bit of football, then the game is taking place at Old Roan FC (complete with a decent bar that opens at Midday). It's easy to get to - direct train from Denmark Hill / Peckham Rye / Nunhead to Kidbrooke and ten minute walk. KO is at 2pm.

Anyone fancy this?

I've just checked train details and it's a replacement bus service beyond Lewisham tomorrow. Regular bus routes 122, 178 and 321 also stop close to the ground.

* Lee station isn't much further from the ground than Kidbrooke, walking from the opposite direction, and trains are running from Denmark Hill on that line.

Last edited:

wish i could be there to see that!
i thought the league was abandoned?
hence all these zeroes on the table

Certainly entertaining and certainly eventful but a 2-3 reverse for Peckham 'A' team after they had pulled back from an early 2 goal deficit. Eventful as the referee had to red card one of his assistants for getting a bit too involved in the game. As far as I can tell, the Menace 'A' have one game left and need a win by a 13 goal margin - maybe someone else can verify that?

Back
Top Bottom