Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Parking

The pavement on my street is thick with leaves at this time of year, as they are being walked on they are turning in to some kind of mud. In the next week or two the council will come and clear it off by blowing it in to the road and a road-sweeper will collect the crap, signs go you each year to move your car, always fewer than half move, the remaining ones get entirely covered in the leaf-ming. Will get some pics of this year's fun and games when the time is right.
Whats that, you don't have a garage or even a driveway :(

It made it into “Cornwall Live”
Even here in Cornwall it's known for being shit. Another reach plc 'newspaper' like the mirror and express. Half of it isn't from from cornwall, about 10% is about pasties in one way or another (the writers seem to test them a lot of report on someone else doing so). 10% on ruining local beauty spots by pointing them out to everyone. Then 20% reporting on people getting mad about the fact they can't park because of it/something else about tourists, especially if they get stuck on a beach/road/path/field. The other 10% is completely random nonsense. Chatgpt 'writers' would be a huge upgrade

Rows for 7 years and £100,000 in legal fees :facepalm:

" oh woudn't it be nice to get on wif yer neighbours...."

Mate of mine, blue badge holder no less, got an absolute river of shit and abuse from a neighbour who demanded to be able to park his three cars and a van along the street and was upset that my friend had used one of 'his' spaces by parking outside his own house. Ended up with a drunken homophobic rant which luckily was filmed and the footage passed on to the police who sent him on a 'not being a cunt' course which I'm sure worked wonders.

I live in one of three blocks of ex-council flats that surround a square where there is one parking space per flat. They originally had numbers painted in them but they have faded to near invisibility since the council don't own many of the flats and none of the landlords can be arsed to do it. I don't have a car and only some of the people who live here have one but its's always full since people from the street outside park here as well rather than on the street winding up the residents with cars and each other as well. Things get really heated at times I was woken up whilst on nights a few weeks back by a woman screaming right outside my window. Looked out the window and she was screaming at 2 blokes fighting over parking in my fucking space. I sometimes wonder if I should get a load of bricks and just dump in them what is technically my parking space.

I live in one of three blocks of ex-council flats that surround a square where there is one parking space per flat. They originally had numbers painted in them but they have faded to near invisibility since the council don't own many of the flats and none of the landlords can be arsed to do it. I don't have a car and only some of the people who live here have one but its's always full since people from the street outside park here as well rather than on the street winding up the residents with cars and each other as well. Things get really heated at times I was woken up whilst on nights a few weeks back by a woman screaming right outside my window. Looked out the window and she was screaming at 2 blokes fighting over parking in my fucking space. I sometimes wonder if I should get a load of bricks and just dump in them what is technically my parking space
Rent your space to a neighbour.

I live in one of three blocks of ex-council flats that surround a square where there is one parking space per flat. They originally had numbers painted in them but they have faded to near invisibility since the council don't own many of the flats and none of the landlords can be arsed to do it. I don't have a car and only some of the people who live here have one but its's always full since people from the street outside park here as well rather than on the street winding up the residents with cars and each other as well. Things get really heated at times I was woken up whilst on nights a few weeks back by a woman screaming right outside my window. Looked out the window and she was screaming at 2 blokes fighting over parking in my fucking space. I sometimes wonder if I should get a load of bricks and just dump in them what is technically my parking space.
I manage Council estates, and this sort of thing is common - luckily I don't manage the parking so Ieave that team to sort it out

The pub car park was heaving, people were parking all over the place. This was like this when I went in and was still there over an hour later
IMG_20230416_133209_hdr.jpg

The pub car park was heaving, people were parking all over the place. This was like this when I went in and was still there over an hour later
View attachment 370923
One of those silly pricks that say they have to park like that because otherwise their precious car might get a scratch on it.

It’s your civic duty at this point to also ignore the lines and park as close as you possibly can :thumbs:

One of those silly pricks that say they have to park like that because otherwise their precious car might get a scratch on it.

It’s your civic duty at this point to also ignore the lines and park as close as you possibly can :thumbs:
One of the advantages of having a motorbike is that you can actually park right next to twats like the one above, where another car could not. I do this often when I see such scenarios. I ensure whenever possible I'm right by the driver's door.

Bath, if you go there ever, just watch out as parking on a single yellow is now not allowed on a sunday and youll probably get a ticket (possibly evenings too)

Back
Top Bottom