Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Parking

But hazards mean you can park anywhere. Everyone knows that.
it means you have £35 you don't need they attract enforcement officers like moths:D. new Merc left them on parked on regent Hill bit of road marked like a box junction with lots of no loading at any time signs. It's a steep narrow road buses go down hence all the yellow on the road and signs to not park there.

I guess this is one thread where this story could go; councils banning big cars from car parks.
I wonder how they will enforce it or penalise it?

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/d...rks/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter 19 June 2024&utm_content=Newsletter 19 June 2024+CID_d50f42bb46599361ba0e451429670f31&utm_source=campaign monitor&utm_term=Cars that are longer than five metres have been banned from using public car parks by five councils a Freedom of Information request has revealed

I guess this is one thread where this story could go; councils banning big cars from car parks.
I wonder how they will enforce it or penalise it?

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/d...rks/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter 19 June 2024&utm_content=Newsletter 19 June 2024+CID_d50f42bb46599361ba0e451429670f31&utm_source=campaign monitor&utm_term=Cars that are longer than five metres have been banned from using public car parks by five councils a Freedom of Information request has revealed
Suspect the Devon ones will be doing this to keep big camper vans out of car parks so locals have access to services

If parking my car is going to be a problem because of its size I'll just shop elsewhere, as, I suspect, will most others.

(I've a Golf so don't have a size problem)

Part of one local carpark is due to be re-surfaced shortly, partly for potholes/damage but also so the spaces can be re-arranged/enlarged - even those of us with regular-sized cars find the spaces a bit narrow and the row against the boundary are slightly too short. I wonder how many spaces will disappear to allow the chelsea tractors [with towbar hitches] enough space ...

We have a couple of those stand-up pictures of kids with ‘don’t park here’ at school to discourage parents from parking on the zig zags at drop off as a few parents repeatedly do this. Someone actually parked on one last week and bent it.

We have a couple of those stand-up pictures of kids with ‘don’t park here’ at school to discourage parents from parking on the zig zags at drop off as a few parents repeatedly do this. Someone actually parked on one last week and bent it.
All 6 at my local school have been run over. :(

Kind of related, has anyone seen any of those old school parking meters still in use? The sort you used to get next to spaces and put coins in to get time. Can’t recall seeing one for possibly decades as everything is just pay and display/enter your reg at a single machine somewhere. Only asking because they have them in one of my son’s I-Spy books, published in 2017, and I’m pretty sure they were extinct even by then. Definitely should be more than 15 points IMO.

IMG_6978.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom