Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Parking

Just reading about ANPR. It was introduced in 1976 and was first used to monitor traffic in the dartford tunnel. In 1981, it was used to track a stolen car and arrest the thief.

Since starting this thread I changed from mostly driving a four foot long french mini to an estate/hearse (with no parking sensors) and yet I now almost entirely reverse into parking spaces. It was easier to bop out of spaces backwards in small car, just reverse gear and foot down a bit, one swing around, first and off, in the hearse its more of a ball ache with added danger so now I get it and reverse in instead

Pictures please.
If parking between cars, there is always the danger of not seeing something when reversing out of a space. Much easier and safer to drive out forwards

Just looking back over my night time pictures. I didn't say a parked a few cars away from this, where there was room, for at least 4 cars!

More tremendous parking ( note registration) in Oxford Street. Cars prohibited, really. On the pavement wtf. It's a Porsche IMG_20210813_145808_hdr.jpg

I am sat in a car in a little used supermarket. The guy in the car next to me loaded his shopping, got in etc. And then indicated before pulling forwards out of his parking space. I'm not sure anyone else was around at the time. How many people would really do that?

I am sat in a car in a little used supermarket. The guy in the car next to me loaded his shopping, got in etc. And then indicated before pulling forwards out of his parking space. I'm not sure anyone else was around at the time. How many people would really do that?
he could probably see you sat in your car next to him, so I'd imagine it was for your benefit?

Actually i have noticed that drivers of Amazon delivery vans invariably park at right angles to the road usually obstructing the pavement with the front of the vehicle.:confused:

My 8 year old indicates all the way around the roundabout, she is slowly learning that having made everyone aware who needs to know of her intentions she can place her hand back on the bars and concentrate on the manoeuvre. She's not 100% there yet. So I guess your man is at a similar stage as she is.

TBF that’s far more a case of cuntiness than ineptitude.

I’ve never had an issue with parallel parking, but provided the kerb is not too high, those who struggle can simply drive into the space, carefully mount the pavement, and turn the wheel in the other direction until the car dismounts the pavement and is now neatly parked. Though I suspect many of those who struggle to parallel park might find that similarly challenging, at least without accelerating too much when trying to climb the pavement and ending up crashing against the car in front.

All fun & games on my street, there have been signs up for weeks telling us that parking is suspended from today , moved my car on Saturday( we can park on nearby streets) When I left this morning , still 20 or so cars parked (I reckon 80 cars can park on it) . Road is being dug up for various things, Internet stuff , probably other stuff)

All fun & games on my street, there have been signs up for weeks telling us that parking is suspended from today , moved my car on Saturday( we can park on nearby streets) When I left this morning , still 20 or so cars parked (I reckon 80 cars can park on it) . Road is being dug up for various things, Internet stuff , probably other stuff)

The pavement on my street is thick with leaves at this time of year, as they are being walked on they are turning in to some kind of mud. In the next week or two the council will come and clear it off by blowing it in to the road and a road-sweeper will collect the crap, signs go you each year to move your car, always fewer than half move, the remaining ones get entirely covered in the leaf-ming. Will get some pics of this year's fun and games when the time is right.

Back
Top Bottom