Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Over 44 people killed in crowd disaster in Israel

A380

How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?
44 people killed in a crowd disaster at an Orthodox Jewish religious festival in Israel. Apparently plans were made for 10,000 and 10 times that number turned up.

Ironic given the start of the most recent Hillsborough trial last week.

44 people killed in a crowd disaster at an Orthodox Jewish religious festival in Israel. Apparently plans were made for 10,000 and 10 times that number turned up.

Ironic given the start of the most recent Hillsborough trial last week.

Have to honest, really don't know why I'm supposed to care about the misfortunes of the jewish equivalent of the Taliban. The Mount Meron disaster is the main story on the Guardian site. The irony is that if it was pretty much any other group of people, these fundamentalists and bigots would be delighted and would be claiming it was a 'punishment from god'. These are ultra orthodox jews we are talking about after all.

Have to honest, really don't know why I'm supposed to care about the misfortunes of the jewish equivalent of the Taliban. The Mount Meron disaster is the main story on the Guardian site. The irony is that if it was pretty much any other group of people, these fundamentalists and bigots would be delighted and would be claiming it was a 'punishment from god'. These are ultra orthodox jews we are talking about after all.
so who are to them what the isi are to the Taliban?

It‘s usually the smallest and weakest that come off worse in disasters like this, which is probably why the reports mention lots of dead children. But yeah, fuck them because they're religious, nice one. :rolleyes:

Still a horrible way to die.

And given that there is absolutely no connection between these people and Hillsborough, A380 , it is not really ironic. It would be ironic if the lawyers or judges who had ruled the police were not at fault for Hillsborough were members of this specific orthodox community, perhaps

It‘s usually the smallest and weakest that come off worse in disasters like this, which is probably why the reports mention lots of dead children. But yeah, fuck them because they're religious, nice one. :rolleyes:
They're not just religious, they're religious fundamentalists and bigots, and though it is sad that children have died, to be realistic they would have likely grown up to be hate-filled bigots.

And given that there is absolutely no connection between these people and Hillsborough, A380 , it is not really ironic. It would be ironic if the lawyers or judges who had ruled the police were not at fault for Hillsborough were members of this specific orthodox community, perhaps

co-incidental, maybe?

Count Cuckula said:
They're not just religious, they're religious fundamentalists and bigots, and though it is sad that children have died, to be realistic they would have likely grown up to be hate-filled bigots.

You stupid fucking cunt.

The irony is that if it was pretty much any other group of people, these fundamentalists and bigots would be delighted and would be claiming it was a 'punishment from god'. These are ultra orthodox jews we are talking about after all.
You know what, if you weren't so ignorant this would be worth a click on the report button from me, which i almost never do. You are wrong, let's leave it at that.

Wtf??

Well, that the people who were supposed to be know what they were doing in terms of crowd management ( the police in both cases) and were responsible for the safety of participants definitely fucked up at Hillsbourgh and appear to have fucked up here.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that any children had died actually.
It’s literally the start of the second paragraph in the Guardian article. But I guess because they were Jewish children you don’t care about their deaths.

Well, that the people who were supposed to be know what they were doing in terms of crowd management ( the police in both cases) definitely fucked up at Hillsbourgh a d appear to have fucked up here.

I was watching the news earlier and the reporter in Israel said the police had tried to stop the gathering as it was against covid restrictions but that the police were overwhelmed with the numbers of people who gathered.
They went on to say that someone had slipped on the uneven surface as they were travelling the route and others fell on top of them. People were unaware and it turned into a domino effect.
Awful.

Back
Top Bottom