Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oscars '21

I can't sleep so I'm tuned in. Let me know if you want a slightly illegit video feed.

Glenn Close just swore and then twerked to some old funk song... its a bizarre oscars.

There's been some utterly toe-curling moments. I couldn't work out whether Angela Basset was taking the piss introducing this memoriam section. She decided to deliver it in some kind of hammed up pumped up Shakespearian voice... painful

I will say this, this is by the far the most diverse oscars ive ever seen :)

There's been some utterly toe-curling moments. I couldn't work out whether Angela Basset was taking the piss introducing this memoriam section. She decided to deliver it in some kind of hammed up pumped up Shakespearian voice... painful

I will say this, this is by the far the most diverse oscars ive ever seen :)

That's going to drive the usual suspects barmy.

The memoriam section is a weird one, anyway. It's hard to know what tone to present it in and for the audience, do you clap or maintain a dignified silence in case the camera catches you scratching your nostrils or something.

That's if there is an audience, this year.

I couldn't work out whether Angela Basset was taking the piss introducing this memoriam section. She decided to deliver it in some kind of hammed up pumped up Shakespearian voice... painful
Yeah, that was very weird - and then the actual in-memoriam segment whipped past at 100mph too, you barely had time to read some of the names.

Very diverse if the summary on the news is to be believed.

A woman of colour wins the best director award, about time probably.

I enjoyed this year's ceremony more than the usual ones. Glad they had a DJ (Questlove) instead of that awful orchestra music they typically have. Union Station was also a welcome break from the gaudy Dolby Theatre. Less shit jokes too. In terms of my predictions, I got all 8 correct (in the other categories I hadn't seen enough of the movies to call it, or just wasn't sure enough) - I wish I'd put an accumulator bet on them!

Is it the "Midnight in Paris" effect or do previous generations always seem more glamorous and better than the current one?

Back
Top Bottom