Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Opinion: "The End of Meat Is Here" - NY Times

It's not hard if you bothered to look.
Seeing as you seem to have already done so, please post up the links. Thanks.

Not surprised to see you joining in with the ad hominem chorus without providing any evidence, mind. The level of denial you operate at in this thread is really quite something.

Apologists for factory farming are as bad as Holocaust deniers when it comes to twisting, distorting and denying basic facts.

Shocking, but not remotely surprising, footage out of Ontario of brutal sexual abuse and torture of pigs. The barbarian Ford regime in Ontario has recently passed a so called ‘ag gag’ law which criminalises getting footage exposing this sort of barbarism.

This is Doug Ford, the Ontario premier btw. A Trump-like crooked "businessman" cum politician who is run and controlled by the meat industry. An absolute cunt surrounded by sycophants and voted for by clueless idiotic pricks. If cancer was anthropomorphised it would look like Doug Ford.

1606671904237.png

So
The increase in wild flowers due to sheep grazing leads to an increase in insects that feed off them and hence an increase in birds that feed off the insects. So meat production can lead to an increase in wildlife. Also letting sheep graze on hillsides keeps the bracken down which would rapidly take over which AFAIK is no use for anything.

If you let cows graze you get hay meadows which again results in more wildlife not less.
Any references to this. Sounds like bollocks. Bracken wouldn't be an issue apart from the farming. Cows feed of sillage largely I thought.

We in the UK burnt our woodlands after our best trees were used for shipbuilding while being general cunts?.. Apart from fighting the Spanish and French, screw those guys.

So
Any references to this. Sounds like bollocks. Bracken wouldn't be an issue apart from the farming. Cows feed of sillage largely I thought.
Cows feed off grass mainly. Sillage is used in winter along with hay when the cows can't get out in the fields.

We in the UK burnt our woodlands after our best trees were used for shipbuilding while being general cunts?.. Apart from fighting the Spanish and French, screw those guys.
They were also used for building houses, not only Tudor style houses but all the way back to bronze / iron age round houses and also used for firewood.

Even
They were also used for building houses, not only Tudor style houses but all the way back to bronze / iron age round houses and also used for firewood.
Even been suggested that our developed society relied on it by Bolsenaro in Brazil as justification for chopping down the Amazon.
Our island was entirely forest.

Well done, seems we've reached casual antisemitism now.

Is this a slow handclap moment?

it’s not anti-semitism you prick. You deny basic reality like Holocaust deniers do. You just lie and bullshit and when you’re exposed as lying and bullshitting you just move on to another lie.

This was published in the World's Poultry Science Journal last year https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1079/WPS20020004 so you're talking bollocks again.
That article doesn't say where these practices took place but could be the US as the author is based there. Did you look at the references? Most of them date back to the 70's and 80's. Is this still relevant? or is it an article about what happened? As it's not clear.

My point was that the braken is invasive cos we cut down all the trees. Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Fair enough but the article also points out that controlling the bracken allows more species of plants and insects to thrive.

I don’t see any of the meat eaters on this thread posting anything in favour of factory farming.
I haven't.
I have tried to correct some misconceptions though.
There are a lot of American sources being applied generally. America is a country with almost literally no welfare regs. The picture is quite different here.

Well done, seems we've reached casual antisemitism now.

Is this a slow handclap moment?

For what its worth, comparisons of the holocaust and the way we produce meat have a long history starting after WWII, often by Jewish authors and activists:

Isaac Bashevis Singer, a Nobel laureate in literature, is the most famous example. He was born in Poland at the turn of the 20th century and immigrated to the US. This is what he said on the subject: "In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka."

Edgar Kupfer-Koberwitz, a peace activist and a survivor of Dachau, said "I believe as long as man tortures and kills animals, he will torture and kill humans as well—and wars will be waged—for killing must be practiced and learned on a small scale"

Alex Hershaft, another survivor and animal rights activist said "The negative reaction is largely due to people's mistaken perception that the comparison values their lives equally with those of pigs and cows. Nothing could be farther from the truth. What we are doing is pointing to the commonality and pervasiveness of the oppressive mindset, which enables human beings to perpetrate unspeakable atrocities on other living beings, whether they be Jews, Bosnians, Tutsis, or animals. It's the mindset that allowed German and Polish neighbors of extermination camps to go on with their lives, just as we continue to subsidize the oppression of animals at the supermarket checkout counter."

For what its worth, comparisons of the holocaust and the way we produce meat have a long history starting after WWII, often by Jewish authors and activists:

Isaac Bashevis Singer, a Nobel laureate in literature, is the most famous example. He was born in Poland at the turn of the 20th century and immigrated to the US. This is what he said on the subject: "In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka."

Edgar Kupfer-Koberwitz, a peace activist and a survivor of Dachau, said "I believe as long as man tortures and kills animals, he will torture and kill humans as well—and wars will be waged—for killing must be practiced and learned on a small scale"

Alex Hershaft, another survivor and animal rights activist said "The negative reaction is largely due to people's mistaken perception that the comparison values their lives equally with those of pigs and cows. Nothing could be farther from the truth. What we are doing is pointing to the commonality and pervasiveness of the oppressive mindset, which enables human beings to perpetrate unspeakable atrocities on other living beings, whether they be Jews, Bosnians, Tutsis, or animals. It's the mindset that allowed German and Polish neighbors of extermination camps to go on with their lives, just as we continue to subsidize the oppression of animals at the supermarket checkout counter."
So you've decided to employ some tokenism to support an antisemitic post.
Blimey. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom