Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Oh dear... Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson sacked over Huawei leak.

Seems to be acceptable behaviour here according to some posters. Anyway, I'm out. If anyone else wants to moan and complain about a mod trying his best, kindly take it to the feedback forum as this thread is already miles off topic.

It is, it was not me however that dragged it there.

As the originator of the thread, if you want to lock it, please do so.

If it wasn't him, then who? Someone is guilty.
553_large_1.jpg

If it wasn't him, then who? Someone is guilty.

No, I was referring to the physical correction of misbehaving scholars.

In regards to leaks.
Williamson was obviously inexperienced and out of his depth.
He only got that job in front of Penny Mordaunt because he was sucking up to Mrs May.

Last edited:
Only if he is innocent. :)
Not true. Defamation is when someone releases information intended to cause damage to another person's character/reputation. It can be true, but if the intent was purely malicious, then it's still defamation.

Defamation is a tricky one, though, because it could be both true, and defamation, yet not prosecuted. Because there are public interest exceptions and a load of other reasons.

He was quoted as having said that he was waiting for the nicest ever apology from May.If he isn't intending to sue then that seems somewhat optimistic.Need Michael Crick to make the relevant enquiries perhaps.

Not true. Defamation is when someone releases information intended to cause damage to another person's character/reputation. It can be true, but if the intent was purely malicious, then it's still defamation.

Truth is a defence against defamation. Even before the 2013 reforms, truth was a defence under the common law defence of justification.

Back
Top Bottom