Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Netflix recommendations

Godless. Best series I've seen in years and final episode the best episode of any series I've ever seen

It's a western, isn't it? I'm trying to sell it as a "must watch" to the other half. She liked "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Rober Ford" and "The Hateful 8"... I guess it's nothing like them, of course....

We're really enjoying La Casa de Papel at the moment. It's a Spanish heist series with a bunch of robbers holding up the Spanish mint and staying one step ahead of the cops (so far) despite fucking-up royally every now and then. Very good acting and characters and an extremely intriguing storyline but the subtitles are a bit fast for me :mad:

Last edited:
Is Deadwood worth a watch then if we enjoyed Godless?
It was ended by the studio without resolution on anything. If you can handle that...enjoy.

My honest opinion is that there is just way too much good stuff out there, you can't watch everything. Watch Hannibal, Spartacus or Rick and Morty. Deadwood is good yup...but there is a lot better out there these days.

It's a western, isn't it? I'm trying to sell it as a "must watch" to the other half. She liked "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Rober Ford" and "The Hateful 8"... I guess it's nothing like them, of course....
It kind of is really. Has the feeling of Jesse James and violence of hateful 8

So the story doesn't have an ending? :hmm:
Nope. The 3rd series certainly has an ending, but there is no grand series finale. Still totally worth a watch though.
(there is also a plan for them to finish it off with a tv movie or something, but I'm not sure if that's still happening)

Westerns are not my thing, so I wouldn't have watched Godless if it wasn't for this thread, but I loved it. Took me a while to work out that the lead guy was Cook from Skins all grown up.

It was ended by the studio without resolution on anything. If you can handle that...enjoy.

My honest opinion is that there is just way too much good stuff out there, you can't watch everything. Watch Hannibal, Spartacus or Rick and Morty. Deadwood is good yup...but there is a lot better out there these days.
Poppycock. Deadwood is leagues above all of those shows (and also not really that comparable)

I get really pissed off at crap endings though, never mind no ending. This sounds like it’ll have me tearing my hair out.

I've been watching Devilman Crybaby - I think it gives a wonderful insight into how teenage boys minds work. :D It *must* be a metaphor for teenage hormones/rage. (No, I'm not an Anime fan or connoisseur, I'm a middle aged woman ;) )

I haven't stopped watching it yet, I'm halfway through...

One definitely to watch out, premiering (I think) on Netflix on Feburary 23rd:

Mute directed by Duncan Jones (yes, son of David Bowie). Described as a sci/fi film noir set in a near future Berlin. Tips a hat to Blade Runner apparently.

Stars Alexander Skarsgard, Paul Rudd, Justin Theroux.

End of the F***ing World - adapted from the Graphic Novel.

Starts off as Dexter Jnr, ends up as a poignant love story/road movie.

Great show. Really enjoyed this. Short eps that would work strung together as a film.

I loved this series , sympathy for unlovable characters is a real sign of a great plotline and acting . I can see this being remade and almost certainly spoilt with a US remake , it just lends itself to a US back drop .

Last night I watched "Swiss Army Man". It's probably not for everyone but I can't stop thinking about it.
I was initially annoyed by it but it has Paul Dano and I adore Paul Dano so I stuck with it. I still can't decide whether I actually liked it or not but it is stuck in my head due to it's downright oddness. Actually I think it is mainly annoying and I would not watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom