Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Netflix recommendations

I too am enjoying Mindhunter. Only 2 eps so far but I like the dialogue and I love the killer he's talking to. Great performance.

Started watching The Santa Clara Diet. It's about a suburban mum (Drew Barrymore) who suddenly becomes a zombie and her family try to make it work.

The only thing that's slightly jarring about it is how Drew Barrymore vaguely resembles Louise Mensch these days.

Started watching The Santa Clara Diet. It's about a suburban mum (Drew Barrymore) who suddenly becomes a zombie and her family try to make it work.

The only thing that's slightly jarring about it is how Drew Barrymore vaguely resembles Louise Mensch these days.
I enjoyed that. As a light comedy vehicle it’s perfectly good. I was hoping a second series would be made but I guess it was never commissioned.

Watched the whole first series of Inside No 9 last night, thanks to Maggot 's mentioning the new series on FB. I hadn't heard of this at all previously and am seriously made up to find the first two series on Netflix. Fucking brilliant story telling from Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. Each episode an absolute joy to watch :cool::cool::cool:

Watched the whole first series of Inside No 9 last night, thanks to Maggot 's mentioning the new series on FB. I hadn't heard of this at all previously and am seriously made up to find the first two series on Netflix. Fucking brilliant story telling from Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith. Each episode an absolute joy to watch :cool::cool::cool:

I had a similar plan but the bastard BBC pulled them off iPlayer before I got started.

Really enjoyed the first episode and have stuck them on my list.

I've also started to watch Derry Girls. The nun's are great, but not sure if I can last through the teenage humour for long.

Watched first 4 episodes of Hard Sun last night. Great idea, some ropey acting.

End of the Fucking World was a treat, more like a long film than a series but 21 minute episodes work for me.

5 episodes into The Good Doctor and really enjoying it, a very easy watch.

3 episodes into The Marvellous Mrs Maisel which is probably my favourite at the moment.

Hated The Sinner, I can only suspend belief so much. The American legal system is not that quick.

Another laughable Narcos type thing was Profugos, just got more ridiculous as each episode went by.

E2A: Just realised the thread title :D

Last edited:
Well, thanks to Maggot, sojourner and any others who mentioned Inside No. 9. Had never heard of it before today but we just watched the entire two series on Netflix, and have started season 4 on BBC iPlayer

Really good. Some episodes are darker than others (12 Days of Chrissie in particular was proper sad) but really fucking good overall.

Ep 1 of S4 on (the hotel one) is probably my favourite. Just brilliant :)

Hey Maggot - I'm still waiting for my daughter to send me S3 of Inside No 9 - but S4 is on iplayer now. I don't THINK there's any story arcs, so would I be okay to watch S4 before S3 you reckon?

Thanks for the recommendation of Inside No. 9, loving it. I keep thinking of it as a British Black Mirror, which I know is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom