Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Netflix recommendations

Liking Yellowjackets so far. So far it seems like Lord of the Flies but mostly from a before/after perspective.
I'm two episodes into this and am enjoying it. It' also heavily inspired by the 1972 Andes plane crash with an Uruguayan amateur rugby team onboard. They too survived by resorting to cannibalism and the 1993 movie Alive was based on it. As a 70s child with morbid interests, I was obsessed with that.

Last edited:
I’ve finished Yellowjackets, very watchable and some great performances across the board.

ETA As said above it’s not on Netflix- can’t remember why the fuck I posted it here…

Last edited:
I don't really want to admit it to my family . . . . . but I think I might not be enjoying Cobra Kai series 4.
Two questions. Is that because until now they liked it while you said it was crap? And didn’t you like any of the previous three seasons?

Just started watching Zoo.

Apparently I tried it some time before but didn't get past 2 minutes. I am now 5 minutes in, and have decided to enjoy it :thumbs:

Two questions. Is that because until now they liked it while you said it was crap? And didn’t you like any of the previous three seasons?
I don't really understand your first question.
We have all (family) enjoyed it from the beginning.
I don't want to mention that I might not be enjoying it, because just saying it out loud might make it real for the others.
I have found myself not looking forward to watching it when it's suggested, while I am watching, I'm just waiting for the episode to end. Yesterday I was disappointed it wasn't the season finale "oh yeah, they have to have a tournament".

I don't really understand your first question.
We have all (family) enjoyed it from the beginning.
I don't want to mention that I might not be enjoying it, because just saying it out loud might make it real for the others.
I have found myself not looking forward to watching it when it's suggested, while I am watching, I'm just waiting for the episode to end. Yesterday I was disappointed it wasn't the season finale "oh yeah, they have to have a tournament".
I beg your pardon, I see that I initially misread your comment as ‘I think I might be enjoying S4 of Cobra Kai’ :D

No. My family are not keen on me pointing out why I am not enjoying a show, "ruins it" apparently. Obviously it's allowed the other way around.

Get that, to an extent. The better half will argue that any objections to shows like Money Heist are pointless because its clearly ridiculous and should just accept the silliness and go with the flow...

I finished Archive 81. Enjoyed it throughout, and perhaps because I was expecting a pretty bad ending after various comments, I actually thought it was pretty decent, if not the happy ending that would have left me all fuzzy inside. And whereas it might have been well intended to extract further seasons from Netflix, if you think about it, it also works just as well as the ending of the story.

I finished Archive 81. Enjoyed it throughout, and perhaps because I was expecting a pretty bad ending after various comments, I actually thought it was pretty decent, if not the happy ending that would have left me all fuzzy inside. And whereas it might have been well intended to extract further seasons from Netflix, if you think about it, it also works just as well as the ending of the story.

Agreed, I didn't even think of it as being open for future seasons, I just thought it was quite a good end to the thing.

Bit disappointed by the Puppet Master

Seemed like another Netflix doc that did not have a satisfying conclusion. At least it was short.

Shit how did Netflix think Brazen was 98% match for us? Gonna have to rate some stuff to make it a bit smarter, or stop giving out our log in!!

Shit how did Netflix think Brazen was 98% match for us? Gonna have to rate some stuff to make it a bit smarter, or stop giving out our log in!!

I watched that the other day and it left absolutely no impression on me whatsoever (other than it had Alyssa Milano in it and I liked her in Charmed back in the day as well as respect to her for various reasons) - unfortunately it seemed a bit like something that would fit well in the afternoon "thriller" slot on Channel 5.

Just watched the second to last episode and I might be back on board.
I was unconvinced myself and even borderline disappointed during the first couple of episodes because I’d enjoyed the previous three seasons so much, but by the end I rated as probably the best yet. I guess you wouldn’t go as far if you’re only warming up to it near the end, but I am glad to hear you are liking it more. The final two episodes are brilliant imo.

The House :eek::bigeyes:😎 Was not expecting that! Excellent!

That is on my list to watch soon - OH wants to see it too so we've earmarked it as something to watch together, but we are so rarely sat down with free time and awake together that it could be a while.

We only got one and a half stories into 'The House', my wife and daughter didn't like it at all, and I really wasn't that interested. Might watch the end on my own one day.

Back
Top Bottom