Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Museum billed as celebration of London women opens as Jack the Ripper exhibit

There is a fine tradition of blue plaque snidery in London. English Heritage get the ones with their name on removed but can't do anything about the ones that don't if the property owner doesn't complain:

Jacob-von-Hogflume.jpg

Python-Plaque-ALD.jpg

dcaa985664ce059a3f59bec953c15f02.jpg
upload_2015-7-30_14-11-20.png

it clearly doesn't say 'english heritage'

Interestingly another 'blue plaque' commemorating a victim of the Ripper was unveiled in Wolverhampton earlier this month.

Wolverhampton Jack the Ripper victim remembered - Express and Star

Pictured at the unveiling is Russell Edwards who published a book last year (a singularly stupid one even by the low standards of ripperology) which claimed to identify the Ripper on the basis of 'MAGIC DNA', and who opened a short-lived 'Official Jack the Ripper Store' in Toynbee St. Urban thread.

Edwards also set up a company in connection with a proposed Ripper museum - his called 'Jack the Ripper Museum Ltd'. No evidence he's associated with this venture but it rather illustrates the same 'aspirational' mindset. Not to mention the same ability to generate free publicity.

He was a gay white male diversity officer; much of the fawning coverage of him in the media in the past came from his having made apparently-progressive statements about "being able to come out at work improves employee performance" and turning up at a lot of awards ceremonies. seems to have skipped the sexism-awareness training sessions at some point, I think...

I understand people having an intrest in the gruesome- the tower of london has its grim history etc. But saying you are opening a museum to east end women when in fact its a museum to how some of the poorest of them were violently murdered by what was very likely a Gentleman, well thats your spot on the wall booked m8. Also, writing for the guardian, another offence.

e2a

also having a posh twats double barreled surname.
I think he's accelerated himself to near the start of proceedings with these shenanigans, the misogynistic lying wanker.

alright.....

i'll kick him again to talk about this when i've finished laughing at the streams of indignation from the man who has just discoverered that he tried to stick his arm to his desk with melted chocolate. it's a lot harder to take the serial killer obsessions seriously when i'm watching him work out how he can eat chocolate off his own elbow
it's that sort of laughter which can tempt a serial killer over the edge ;)

Back
Top Bottom