Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mouse in a kitchen drawer

He's back. I've done as much as I can, but he ran the other way and through a hairline crack somewhere.

It requires constant management and keeping everything in containers, but still, it's the principle.

Balance a bog roll tube on the edge of your kitchen counter, and place a bin underneath it. Put a delicious mouse snack in the tube. Leave the kitchen and wait for the sound of a mouse falling into a bin. Take your mouse and barbecue the fucker.
Fixed it for you. :)

That said, we have a humane trap, Mary is soft hearted. :)

Don't mind field mice outside.
Have humane traps and release outside - quite some distance away, with food / bedding & shelter.
Don't use poisons in the house, but favour solid containers and clean up spills of bird food straight away.

Have had problems with Rats & grey squirrels doing damage and that resulted in going to defcon3 in and around the buildings.
[I'm on the edge of Red Squirrel territory]

He's back. I've done as much as I can, but he ran the other way and through a hairline crack somewhere.

It requires constant management and keeping everything in containers, but still, it's the principle.
Those cayenne pepper scones must have lasted them a while - so you presumably gave them plenty of supplies to keep them going.

I haven’t read the whole thread; have you tried a few drops of peppermint oil on kitchen paper, under the fridge, behind the sink cupboard where the waste pipe goes out, in the larder, and any other places mice might fancy creeping into? And wiping round any obvious entry points with soapy water and peppermint oil. I don’t think it will get rid of them but I tried it last year and it does seem to put them off coming in

I've tried just about everything.

The Environmental Health squad came a few months ago to sort out mice on the top floor, and told my neighbour that they could rid them from the whole house, but the landlord would have to give permission / pay for it.

I encouraged everyone in the house to tell this to the landlord but as usual sweet FA has / has not happened. :rolleyes:

I've tried just about everything.

The Environmental Health squad came a few months ago to sort out mice on the top floor, and told my neighbour that they could rid them from the whole house, but the landlord would have to give permission / pay for it.

I encouraged everyone in the house to tell this to the landlord but as usual sweet FA has / has not happened. :rolleyes:
At last, they are on the case.

Had my 2nd visit today.

He put down a tracker last time but it seems the mouse / mice haven't been tempted inside. It contains some fine grains which stick to their claws, so their tracks can be traced with an infra-red camera, or similar.

Final Solution next visit, and probably new dustbins in the basement.

Last edited:
He filled a massive hole by the gas meter, and put fine mesh around the left side of the kitchen.

Today he's putting mesh behind the fridge and underneath the cupboards, and wire wool and cement around the pipes

Let's see if they can gnaw through that.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Fantastic. On Saturday this thread will be two years old, and in that time NOT ONE Urbanite has come up with such a brilliant idea.

I've even changed my subtitle in Snake vs. Mice's honour.

Welcome, Monte.

Fantastic. On Saturday this thread will be two years old, and in that time NOT ONE Urbanite has come up with such a brilliant idea.

I've even changed my subtitle in Snake vs. Mice's honour.

Welcome, Monte.
Ozzy Man has all the answers.
I take no credit.
The fact the snake is named after me is just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Just don't lie down beside it.

I read this post one time that someone said how pleased he was with his snake that he'd had since a puppy because he was lying down one time and the snake came and lay down beside him awwww.

Someone responded Ah yes what he's doing there is measuring you to see whether he's big enough to swallow you whole yet :thumbs:

Have you found little sandbags full of the earth they excavated?

How you thinking of dealing with them?

I heard some scrabbling in a kitchen drawer and when I opened it a mouse ran out.

Apparently they hate, amongst other things, cloves, peppermint, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, tea bags, and vinegar, so I'm going to tip some of that down the back of the drawer, and bag my stuff up a bit more securely.

I had a serious rice spillage last week, so maybe that triggered it.

I'm going to try spices before I go for the the full Rentokil option.

Have any of you had success with cloves etc?
I'll tell you what they REALLY hate.

These.

1715762192577.png

I'd not bother with smelly things or so-called "humane" traps.

Also, if you have one mouse, you have loads. Buy more than one trap, and don't just put them in the places you found the mouse.

ETA: fuck. It's a bumped thread. :mad:

I'll tell you what they REALLY hate.

These.

View attachment 424500

I'd not bother with smelly things or so-called "humane" traps.

Also, if you have one mouse, you have loads. Buy more than one trap, and don't just put them in the places you found the mouse.

ETA: fuck. It's a bumped thread. :mad:
the Little Nipper I found more effective - it has a spike :(

but don't forget and put your fingers in the drawer :)

Back
Top Bottom