Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mouse in a kitchen drawer

UrbaneFox

They've doubled in price
I heard some scrabbling in a kitchen drawer and when I opened it a mouse ran out.

Apparently they hate, amongst other things, cloves, peppermint, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, tea bags, and vinegar, so I'm going to tip some of that down the back of the drawer, and bag my stuff up a bit more securely.

I had a serious rice spillage last week, so maybe that triggered it.

I'm going to try spices before I go for the the full Rentokil option.

Have any of you had success with cloves etc?

I heard some scrabbling in a kitchen drawer and when I opened it a mouse ran out.

Apparently they hate, amongst other things, cloves, peppermint, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, tea bags, and vinegar, so I'm going to tip some of that down the back of the drawer, and bag my stuff up a bit more securely.

I find it tricky to get the fuckers to stay still while I spike them with the cloves

Balance a bog roll tube on the edge of your kitchen counter, and place a bin underneath it. Put a delicious mouse snack in the tube. Leave the kitchen and wait for the sound of a mouse falling into a bin. Take your mouse and release him somewhere far from your home.

Ooooh 30 years ago I had similar success with a milk bottle propped up at an angle against a pile of books with a piece of cheese in the bottom. Next morning there was a confused looking mouse in the milk bottle :thumbs:

That was a field mouse though, urban mice might be more streetwise.

A mouse defending it's territory.

4ce98070e00a1ab97f08bfa66c1f4551.jpg

Get a cat or dog!!!

All kidding aside, you have to find out how they get in, then block it!!!
They can fit through the smallest of holes.

Last thing you need is route for all their buddies to come in and check out your house!!!

If you see one, there's probably a lot more.

When I spotted one in my mother's house a few years back, I got two of those big cheese traps and killed a dozen over the next 10 days, not had a problem since.

I've got 6 of these (5 deployed plus a backup) along with a couple of tubes of bait. I killed 4 of the little fuckers in Jan and 2 in Feb but none in Mar so far, I think now it's warmer they're not venturing in the garage or either shed (none have ever managed to get in the house) or they're all dead which I doubt. Last year I got at least 30 of them. Normally it kills them outright but I have had to finish off a couple with the hammer.

Back
Top Bottom