Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mens' "smart casual" trousers?

chilango

Hypothetical Wanker
That I can wear to work (with shoes, shirts and Donegal tweed) and to go out to nice places.

Similar smartness level to chinos I guess, but nicer and more "interesting".

No denim.

I've become a real cnvert to Meyer trousers. They do a wide variety of styles. They are expensive but worth it in my book.

Otherwise, I had always thought cavalry twill trousers were only available in red and exclusive to public school baying estate agents. But actually they work well at work. don't get red ones though....

I've become a real cnvert to Meyer trousers. They do a wide variety of styles. They are expensive but worth it in my book.

Otherwise, I had always thought cavalry twill trousers were only available in red and exclusive to public school baying estate agents. But actually they work well at work. don't get red ones though....

Fucking hell dude,120 sheets for a pair of shorts!

I spent £40 on a pair of shorts on Weymouth 20 years ago. It's scarred me, I can genuinely remember everything about the shop, the feeling of horror and utter disbelief as I handed over the cash - even then it seemed to happen in slow motion....

#cheapskate

Fucking hell dude,120 sheets for a pair of shorts!

I spent £40 on a pair of shorts on Weymouth 20 years ago. It's scarred me, I can genuinely remember everything about the shop, the feeling of horror and utter disbelief as I handed over the cash - even then it seemed to happen in slow motion....

#cheapskate
Was it the price that shocked? or that you were buying a pair of trousers that weren't red?

at watch stage of life does wearing any sort of tweed become an notion

saying that my job is not a librarian or a English teacher
:hmm:

I like a nice pair of red trousers, in fact I have two pairs. They're a great all-round trouser without being boring

i like corduroy trousers (in nice colours, that are not red), there's something sort of reassuring about them. But moleskin (weird name nice fabric) is great, soft but thick so they last years without going bobbly or anything.

eta like these, the purple ones obvs, but without that crease ironed down the middle of the legs that is wrong.

Last edited:
On the continent, some men wear red trousers, and it is a simple fashion choice.

In the UK, it's different, even if it shouldn't be. I don't make the rules.

Back
Top Bottom