Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
since hardly anything is semantics I'm sure you'll have no problem responding)
Hardly anyone would have trouble responding, only a few people seem to mistake their word games for an actuality. Quite surprising you imagine that act of typing you engaged wasn't freighted heavily either.
As for the rest, that's just you still rattling round in your closed circle.

He spoke English???

Mind you Nazis renowned for hating cyclists, not saying that everyone who hates cyclists is a Nazi but .... if the cap fits :)

just sayin

In this scenario it's a choice between abandoning your dog or gassing it tho
ah jeez it’s a tricky one. My dog, my responsibility. I hope I never find myself having to make that decision but if I had to, assuming there were no dog refuges or people I thought could give it a good life, and didn’t think it would be likely to survive on its own, I hope I’d be brave enough to end its life.
(I don’t think I could do it myself).
i would never be a battery Chicken farmer.

If it's not about experiences, then why is the experience of the chickens (ie suffocating to death) brought up as an argument? Why even bother with foam then, might as well use a machine gun as someone suggested earlier.

Historically eugenicists have often also been vegigan activists on grounds of some "speciesism" concept. The most obvious example here would be the NSDAP. But even currently there are plenty of tendencies combining these notions. I don't accept those arguments because I don't accept the premise that the chickens ending up suffocating is sufficient ground for deciding they shouldn't exist in the first place, but if you accept that premise and you accept the premise that you should treat animals the same way as humans (because they're inherently morally equal or whatever) then it kind of follows that you'd accept that some humans shouldn't exist in the first place because you decided that their experiences wouldn't be worth their life.

skdsq mdsf qsdu mdsf azku

(the above is syntactically correct, I've just not given you the semantics, but since hardly anything is semantics I'm sure you'll have no problem responding)
Tbf there are a lot of humans who don't exist because Saul wasn't allowed to (ethically) breed them for food on his neighbour's organic farm.

Oh, go on, I'll bite... so why are people bringing the nazis into this?

The NSDAP was just the most well-known example of the congruence of eugenic thought and the notion that livestock animals shouldn't exist because moralizing stuff. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples that are not of outright fascists, I'm just most familiar with these particular ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom