Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to need more to go on...
"A moderator" ;). Does it not show on the post?

There's a warning printed on my post when I view it. I won't reproduce here what it says as it's clear I'm in the crosshairs for a banning and that might tip the balance.

It is obviously a concatenation of vegan and vegetarian descriptive of both and derogatory of neither
Carnist, on the other hand, is nonsensical, as vegans believe that anyone who isn't a 'true vegan' is an advocate of carnism, and, therefore, a carnist. I'm sure most vegetarians wouldn't consider themselves 'carnists', if it was actually a word.

Carnist, on the other hand, is nonsensical, as vegans believe that anyone who isn't a 'true vegan' is an advocate of carnism, and, therefore, a carnist...
Where are you getting this from? Never even heard the word outside this site. I presumed it meant what are know as "hurf durf bacon eaters" elsewhere :D

Think I'll just take your word. Life's too short!
First link from a Google search.

Apparently it's an 'ideology in which people support the use and consumption of animal products'

So, apparently, a vegetarian who wears leather shoes is a 'carnist', That makes no sense to me, which is why I believe the word is nonsensical.

Not covering yourself with glory here, ed. Seriously, leave the modding of this thread to someone else.
look at you dishing it out again! :facepalm:
He's not even posted on thread for a while but you can't help get your holier than thou dig in!

And the rest of the gang playing amongst themselves, awwww, hope you're keeping 2m apart in your circle jerk! :D

and fragile carnism is like fragile masculintiy, quite apt for some of the players here!

"ABOUT FRAGILE CARNISM — The fragile defense mechanism behind the constant attacks on veganism.

Have you ever noticed on posts about veganism that a certain group of people come rushing in with comments like "#bacon", "I'll have a steak please" or similar? Or even stronger - with pictures of dead animals in an attempt to rile up the vegans?

You might feel better if you consider this a defense mechanism? Because that's what it is, and it's named (as you've probably guessed) "fragile carnism".

As vegans we are arguing against one of the large industries of the world, but we are also arguing against the habits most people have been taught since they were small children. We are arguing in defense of the animals that suffer most needlessly for our selfish desires."

Have you ever noticed on posts about veganism that a certain group of people come rushing in with comments like "#bacon", "I'll have a steak please" or similar? Or even stronger - with pictures of dead animals in an attempt to rile up the vegans?
I don't recall anyone doing that any where on this thread.
Fragile veganism?

You'd be better off with a bit of netting surely.
Pigeons have a big rep amongst the ill considered that they are stupid. Observing them closely for many horticultural seasons I would say this is wrong.
I watched on my allotment many moons ago a older, lead pigeon holding up the netting and ushering the scores of mates to get in there.
They would kill their own mothers for her share of the brassica seedlings.
They remember their dead, plus hopefully the smell of wood pigeon in red wine
pretty pathetic little game and "gotcha" behaviour tho from a gang of childish dicks, sure you won't agree with your winky fucking smiley ffs
I'm a big man. In my sixth decade. Not a childish dick. Dont go too far pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom