Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Meat eaters are destroying the planet, warns WWF report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I thought you were a DJ. What science/ statistical qualifications do you have?
I'm not the one dishing our one liners dismissing science articles and studies, you hopeless plonker.

And if you think you can keep on with your half baked attempts at trolling and random personal attacks all over this site, you'll be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Last edited:
I'm not the one dishing our one liners dismissing science articles and studies, you hopeless plonker.
No, you're the one posting up a whole line of links without giving any real indication why anybody should follow them - summarising the main points or picking out the most pertinent bits in quotes, for instance.

Be better if you just chose one, gave a good idea what it was about and why you had chosen it, and then we could discuss/debate the issues raised, including bits that we might dispute - you're just arguing from an appeal to authority otherwise.

No, you're the one posting up a whole line of links without giving any real indication why anybody should follow them - summarising the main points or picking out the most pertinent bits in quotes, for instance.

Be better if you just chose one, gave a good idea what it was about and why you had chosen it, and then we could discuss/debate the issues raised, including bits that we might dispute - you're just arguing from an appeal to authority otherwise.
It's a bit pointless trying to have any kind of constructive debate in this thread given the mob culture that has developed. I've posted up many, many links for discussion, but either people have no interest in commenting on them, or they're dismissed completely out of hand to the applause of the pro-meat brigade.

To be fair you were the one who called people unqualified in the first place, even though at least one poster with whom you have taken exception is a uni lecturer in the precise subject that was being discussed at the time.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

It's nice of you to try and jump into defend your pal, but it's not really going to wash. I want to know where else he has seen the word, as he claimed.
I'm not defending them, I don't even know who they are.
They claimed they had seen the word vegigan used full stop. Not that they had seen it used frequently or in multiple places. A search on Google reveals very few ocurances of the word vegigan, really only on this thread and a recipe site for vegigan food from 2016.

It's a bit pointless trying to have any kind of constructive debate in this thread given the mob culture that has developed. I've posted up many, many links for discussion, but either people have no interest in commenting on them, or they're dismissed completely out of hand to the applause of the pro-meat brigade.

There have been plenty of good faith attempts to engage with you. You can't whine now about reaping a little of what you have sown.

If you did actually present some points in the manner outlined above, I don't doubt there are posters who would engage with that.

It's nice of you to try and jump into defend your pal, but it's not really going to wash. I want to know where else he has seen the word, as he claimed.

Tbf - it just looks like Larry just said "I've seen vegigan used", you said "where", and he said "just then".
It's a bit playground, but perfectly logical. ;)

Google trends has nothing to say about the term, so we're a little way off going global.

Mutual ignore: do not quote ore refer to each other in anyway"
^^^ Andy Capp, back in the house! :D

Your buddy is taking a god-awful trouncing here. Can't you do a bit better than that, ffs?

Last edited:
Tbf - it just looks like Larry just said "I've seen vegigan used", you said "where", and he said "just then".
It's a bit playground, but perfectly logical. ;)

Google trends has nothing to say about the term, so we're a little way off going global.
pretty pathetic little game and "gotcha" behaviour tho from a gang of childish dicks, sure you won't agree with your winky fucking smiley ffs

Larry Noppius WouldBe butcher like fucking children, look at you! :facepalm:

Do explain, I have been perfectly civil and if you read my contributions actually agreed with eating less meat (although in my view better quality etc).

I expressed a view that the situation was actually more complex than the reductionist, reductio ad absurdum view point being espoused by the Ed.

This has been reinforced by cogent and erudite contributions, some by posters whose careers are based on the subjects being discussed , underling that in fact it is a complex subject.

The Ed then called in to doubt the "qualifications" (whatever that meant) of contributors, so I merely asked for a precis of his own qualifications in specie, which he has singularly chosen to ignore.

If anyone is like 'fucking children' it is those who won't deign to answer a reasonable comment, or jump in using profanity in anothers defence when they are obviously capable of defending themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom