Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

May's Cabinet

brogdale

Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism
In which we predict, fail to predict and thence comment upon....

OMFG....surely not...

He was her campaign manager so I don't see how that is at all significant
The second half of the tweet appears to be unrelated to the first. The treasury thinks he's the next chancellor. Seems a reasonable shout that he will be then.

I remember in the aftermath of the Condem coalition being announced, and the tories still somehow had Grayling pencilled in as home sec, at which point Theresa May suddenly got the job, probably because Cameron, Osborne et al were sitting around looking at each other thinking "how the fuck did Grayling end up there"...

On R4 Norman Smith going for Fox as minister for newly minted role of Minister for Brexit.

May made a point of saying she hadn't offered any jobs to anyone. I doubt the Treasury's view is any better informed than anyone elses. Since her speech this morning focussed on economic reform she'll want a Chancellor she can work with and who doesn't have his/her own agenda.

David Davis has also been floated as Minister for Brexit.

Stephen Crabb – Has positioned himself as a serious player by running for the leadership and then dropping out quickly to get behind May’s campaign. He may be hoping to keep his job as work and pensions secretary, but negative publicity around lewd texts sent to a young woman could have harmed his chances.

Who will be in Theresa May's cabinet?

Hopefully Crabbe won't be DWP Secretary still, plenty of social media saying he a, 'devout christian' and married man has been sexting to women half his age.

It doesn't seem to be getting much attention in the wider media, but it hurts his career and of course if true, he is a grade A hypocrite.

Rowena's take...
The ‘newbies’ who might be in line make for particularly interesting reading I think:

Karen Bradley, James Brokenshire, Mark Harper and Damian Green – All worked for May in the Home Office and could be in line for cabinet promotions or senior minister of state jobs, if some room is cleared at the top.

Margot James – Was an early supporter of May and is widely regarded as a talented figure in the party who was overlooked by Cameron. She would be suited to a role as development secretary or a ministerial job in the Foreign Office.

Harriett Baldwin – Has impressed as City minister and could be in line for a promotion in that department. Alok Sharma is another tipped for the Treasury.

Alan Duncan – Was also one of May’s first cheerleaders and could make a return to the ministerial ranks or a party job such as chairman. Michael Ellis, Gavin Williamson, Sam Gyimah, Richard Harrington and Gavin Williamson have been key in her campaign and are all likely to get key promotions.

One of my favourite images of the day...

13615237_10153906536174472_2762448696870929899_n.jpg

In fact the only thing which surpass this in terms of joy factor will be if she insists that her cabinet append 'Please Mother May I?'
When they would like to speak in her presence.

I think he was actually vain enough to think he had a decent chance. Remember the bibles for every school with a personal foreword written by him. That's an almost insane level of vanity surely.

It is, but there is vanity and then there is reality. He must have known what his level of support with Tory MPs was; and only one person benefited from Boris being taken out.

Gove, he can't be real. He just can't. He's like every 1980's alt. comedy impersonation of the Tories in one hideous pustulent blob of a form.

Will Crabbe remain as IDS' stunt (that's a spelling error) double?

How about Hunt? Will he remain as vampire in chief of the NHS?

Back
Top Bottom