Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not interested in having this argument with you. I've already explained why I think the Tricolore represents something else, but really that's neither here nor there. Your posts present you as, at best, having a lack of human empathy and a really fucking weird sense of priority. I'm not suggesting that really is the case, but it's certainly how it looks.

It doesn't matter what you or lbj or any guardian ruffler thinks it represents. How can this be exploited? ...and by whom?

I do sympathise with what has happened but I see a lot more suffering elsewhere that people don't get all 'people's princess' about.

I thought france germany and italy all had national ID card schemes anyway, non passport but state led and good enough to travel on/placate a policeman

Does everyone carry passports in France, or just suicide bombers? :confused:
It's the law:
L’article 78-1 du Code de procédure pénale précise, à titre liminaire, que toute personne se trouvant sur le territoire français doit accepter de se prêter à un contrôle d’identité.
and
article L. 611-1 du Code de l’entrée et du séjour des étrangers en France, « les personnes de nationalité étrangère doivent être en mesure de présenter les pièces ou documents sous le couvert desquels elles sont autorisées à circuler ou à séjourner en France à toute réquisition des officiers de police judiciaire »
Code de l'entrée et du séjour des étrangers et du droit d'asile. | Legifrance

I thought france germany and italy all had national ID card schemes anyway, non passport but state led and good enough to travel on/placate a policeman
With France you have to be able to produce identity documents when required (or present them within 4hours at a police station). ID docs can be passport, photo driving licence or some form of govt body documentation.

With France you have to be able to produce identity documents when required (or present them within 4hours at a police station). ID docs can be passport, photo driving licence or some form of govt body documentation.
i would have thought possession of an assault rifle trumped this legal requirement.

I don't want to over do the Kenan Malik quotes, but I think this transcription of a talk he gave is relevant:

RADICALIZATION IS NOT SO SIMPLE

"The real starting point for the making of a homegrown jihadi is not ‘radicalization’ but social disengagement, a sense of estrangement from, resentment of, Western society. It is because they have already rejected mainstream culture, ideas and norms that some Muslims search for an alternative vision of the world. It is not surprising that many wannabe jihadis are either converts to Islam, or Muslims who discovered their faith only relatively late. In both cases, disenchantment with what else is on offer has led them to the black and white moral code that is Islamism. It is not, in other words, a question of being ‘groomed’ or ‘indoctrinated’ but of losing faith in mainstream moral frameworks and searching for an alternative."
Good piece. Reflects a lot of what we discuss on here wrt id politics and the weirdly fragmented ideas behind the particular form of multiculturalism that actually reinforce difference.

Does everyone carry passports in France, or just suicide bombers? :confused:
Everyone carries ID. It doesn't have to be the national identity card (Carte nationale d’identité), but it does have to be a government issued identity document, preferably with photo ID if you don't want hours of Kafka-like bureaucracy. My daughter lives in France and carries her UK driving licence.

People don't carry passports, they carry identity cards. It's the law that you must carry them at all times, once you're an adult. You don't need a passport to travel within Schengen countries - an ID card is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom