Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Many dead in coordinated Paris shootings and explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and people do have irrational fears sometimes. We all do. If there's an attack like this in London, my mum will phone me up to see if I'm ok. I remember phoning my sister after the King's Cross fire to make sure she was alright.
At the time of the King's Cross fire, I had just got home to Tooting and did not know of the thing, and my brother 'phoned - possibly about "would it be if I could come and return that book to you" and "oh, some rumour about bomb scare or fire at King's Cross". Blah, blah, yes, brother, do come along and have your tea here, will be fun"

But I had only just got in the door, and I did not know at all about the fire (apart from what brother mentioned in passing), so it was odd then, that my Dad 'phoned, and it was an odd time for him to call, but it was all "Hello, yes I am well, am just this minute in from work - could I 'phone you later and brother will be here soon too."

I did not know then about the fire and that Mum and Dad were really a bit worried about it.:oops:

Here is a translation of the statement from IS (copied from here)

Islamic State
France

Urgent: Statement about the Blessed Paris Invasion on the French Crusaders

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

The Almighty said: “And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allah! But Allah's (Torment) reached them from a place whereof they expected it not, and He cast terror into their hearts so that they destroyed their own dwellings with their own hands and the hands of the believers. Then take admonition, O you with eyes (to see).” [Al-Hashr: 2]

In a blessed attack for which Allah facilitated the causes for success, a faithful group of the soldiers of the Caliphate, may Allah dignify it and make it victorious, launched out, targeting the capital of prostitution and obscenity, the carrier of the banner of the Cross in Europe, Paris… Youths who divorced the world and went to their enemy seeking to be killed in the cause of Allah, in support of His religion and His Prophet, Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, and his charges, and to put the nose of His enemies in the ground. So they were honest with Allah, we consider them thusly, and Allah conquered through their hands and cast in the hearts of the Crusaders horror in the middle of their land, where eight brothers wrapped in explosive belts and armed with machine rifles, targeted sites that were accurately chosen in the heart of the capital of France, including the Stade de France during the match between the Crusader German and French teams, where the fool of France, Francois Hollande, was present.

[They also targeted] the Bataclan Conference Center, where hundreds of apostates had gathered in a profligate prostitution party, and other areas in the 10th and 11th and 18th [arrondissements] and in a coordinated fashion. So Paris shook under their feet, and its streets were tight upon them, and the result of the attacks was the death of no less than 100 Crusaders and the wounding of more than those, and unto Allah is all praise and gratitude.

Allah had granted our brothers their wish and gave them what they loved, for they detonated their belts in the gatherings of the disbelievers after running out of ammunition, we ask Allah to accept them among the martyrs and make us follow them.

Let France and those who walk in its path know that they will remain on the top of the list of targets of the Islamic State, and that the smell of death will never leave their noses as long as they lead the convoy of the Crusader campaign, and dare to curse our Prophet, Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him, and are proud of fighting Islam in France and striking the Muslims in the land of the Caliphate with their planes, which did not help them at all in the streets of Paris and its rotten alleys. This attack is the first of the storm and a warning to those who wish to learn.

Allah is Great

“But honor, power and glory belong to Allah, and to His Messenger (Muhammad), and to the believers, but the hypocrites know not.” [From Al-Munafiqun: 8]

------------
they need the services of an editor

It's an enquiry really, in response to your 'until every last one of "them" is dead comment: I'm wondering what you suggest as a way of making people who think like Isis change their minds, or go away.
hi bimble, any expansion on the above please? still not quite getting it

Grauniad now reporting...

Paris attacks: Syrian who passed through Greece on refugee route one of Isis killers – live

Syrian passport found on Paris attacker's body belonged to refugee who passed through Greece
The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night’s attacks in Paris passed though Greece in October, a Greek minister told Reuters.

“The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on 3 October 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules,” said Nikos Toscas, Greece’s deputy minister in charge of policing.

A Greek police source told Reuters that European countries had been asked to check the passport holder to see if they had been registered.

While this heavily implies that one of the gunman came into Europe along with refugees, Syrian passports are known to be valuable currency amongst those trying to enter Europe, and it is not yet confirmed whether the holder of the passport is indeed the perpetrator.

Grauniad now reporting...

Paris attacks: Syrian who passed through Greece on refugee route one of Isis killers – live

Syrian passport found on Paris attacker's body belonged to refugee who passed through Greece
The holder of a Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who died in Friday night’s attacks in Paris passed though Greece in October, a Greek minister told Reuters.

“The holder of the passport passed through the island of Leros on 3 October 2015, where he was identified according to EU rules,” said Nikos Toscas, Greece’s deputy minister in charge of policing.

A Greek police source told Reuters that European countries had been asked to check the passport holder to see if they had been registered.

While this heavily implies that one of the gunman came into Europe along with refugees, Syrian passports are known to be valuable currency amongst those trying to enter Europe, and it is not yet confirmed whether the holder of the passport is indeed the perpetrator.
That isn't good news for the majority of genuine refugees. I suppose the French are certain this passport was the property of a terrorist not a victim?

Yep. And I'm quite happy to identify as 'us' with those targets.

Young-ish....
I don't want to over do the Kenan Malik quotes, but I think this transcription of a talk he gave is relevant:

RADICALIZATION IS NOT SO SIMPLE

"The real starting point for the making of a homegrown jihadi is not ‘radicalization’ but social disengagement, a sense of estrangement from, resentment of, Western society. It is because they have already rejected mainstream culture, ideas and norms that some Muslims search for an alternative vision of the world. It is not surprising that many wannabe jihadis are either converts to Islam, or Muslims who discovered their faith only relatively late. In both cases, disenchantment with what else is on offer has led them to the black and white moral code that is Islamism. It is not, in other words, a question of being ‘groomed’ or ‘indoctrinated’ but of losing faith in mainstream moral frameworks and searching for an alternative."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom