Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

Good job, you managed to shoehorn your 'Sheikh Mansour's plucky outsiders against the football elite line' in with your 'stop supporting Ukraine, you'll only provoke plucky outsider Uncle Vlad into nuking us all' line. Considerable lol.
I didn't realise they were a bluenose. Irrelevant tinpot team until they became sportswashing project. Back to half empty stadiums in div 2 when they get bored.

I didn't realise they were a bluenose. Irrelevant tinpot team until they became sportswashing project. Back to half empty stadiums in div 2 when they get bored.
E0YwY8MX0AIK-CZ.jpg
1677717746334.jpeg

Last edited:
Did anyone else see his behaviour in the Cup Final? Right from the off he was being busy with the ref. Proper annoying cunt. Red And White Kop call him the World’s Tallest Dwarf :D
Very talented but spends far too much time talking to referees trying to get players booked, dives like a swan and drops out of games waving his arms about.

you can tell United are back (and Liverpool's moment has passed) because all the ABUs are creaming themselves at us losing.
freak result. we were the better team in the first half and then just fell apart; it happens. one trophy in the bag, more to play for, top 4 looking fine. Ten Hag has still performed a minor miracle already. Klopp has had his moment in the sun when they 'won' the lockdown-league-that-didn't-count.

you can tell United are back (and Liverpool's moment has passed) because all the ABUs are creaming themselves at us losing.
freak result. we were the better team in the first half and then just fell apart; it happens. one trophy in the bag, more to play for, top 4 looking fine. Ten Hag has still performed a minor miracle already. Klopp has had his moment in the sun when they 'won' the lockdown-league-that-didn't-count.
I'm a City fan that dislikes Liverpool way more than United but that's silly talk. Meanwhile 12 years and counting.

You're right, obviously as City fan it was over three decades with nothing but those 12 years seem to hurt :D

cry-baby.gif

It's like the 70/80s when Liverpool used to win things and United would just win the head to heads and nothing else. Now Liverpool getting the DVD ready while they are miles off it in the league and can't win a trophy this season and we've just won one.

That’s been coming a long time that, much as I hate to agree with Souness

A569739E-6B46-4C3C-88DC-2ACF7F7E9B4A.jpegC41B50AC-EFF9-4C2A-8FB0-CC5279BE26C6.jpeg3A8B1F14-892C-40BA-851C-E0E3FEA11764.jpeg

0-4, 0-5, and now nil to seven against the Scousers.

6-3 loss to City and last year’s 1-4 when you couldn’t get the ball off them.

Objectively I don't think you can say United have improved - you'd expect them to be third of Liverpool, Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Spurs are having a shite season.

They're a much more stable club, definitely, but they're still middling.

Objectively I don't think you can say United have improved - you'd expect them to be third of Liverpool, Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Spurs are having a shite season.

I think they have improved under Ten Hag. Solskjaer seemed to have a 'I'll let the footballers do the talking' approach ie spend a load of money and expect them to perform. Although Man Utd still spend a lot of money Ten Hag is tactically a lot better, far more decisive in team selection,and substitutes and seems to have a vision of how he wants the team to perform.

I take the point about other teams underperforming this season but I feel that Man Utds overall performances have been better than last season.

yes, but back in the real world... i think we've won more points than anyone else in the league since August. and still in all the cups. all my piss-taking aside, Ten Hag couldn't have done much better. dealt with Ronaldo.
it's a terrible result on paper but we are a completely different side compared to last season.

I think they have improved under Ten Hag. Solskjaer seemed to have a 'I'll let the footballers do the talking' approach ie spend a load of money and expect them to perform. Although Man Utd still spend a lot of money Ten Hag is tactically a lot better, far more decisive in team selection,and substitutes and seems to have a vision of how he wants the team to perform.

I take the point about other teams underperforming this season but I feel that Man Utds overall performances have been better than last season.
I'm not sure solskjaer had any approach at all. Almost every single decision apart from buying varane and fernandes has gone badly. We didn't just spend loads of money we spent 3x the right money for players who don't even play at least half the time. Spend 50m on wingers who don't make the squad and send them on loan. Then buy a left sided player to solve the same right side problem. Seemed entirely confused about the concept of midfielders or anything that wasn't how he played under ferguson.

Literally couldn't tell left from right.

Ten Hag has a plan but about half the players needed for it and there is still a problem in the dressing room but hes cleared two of them. Also what the fuck happened to Fernandes, he seems to just be being a dick lately.

Back
Top Bottom