Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Man United 2021-24, 'Best of the Rest'

Decent performance yesterday - in terms of standards, hardly world beating, but getting back to something like the performance levels they had under Solsjaer (sp.) when he was on the up. If they played like that every week they'd challenge for top 4, but still be 1 or 2 levels below city/Liverpool. So, all in all, a sign of how far things have slipped. Hopefully 10 Hag will at least have the authority to make decisions and kick a few arses. It's a sign of far things have fallen when Roy Keane's obsessions have become an accurate diagnosis on the team - 'need some good lads... characters... go the trenches... don't smile...'.

Anyway, main thing I wanted to post about yesterday was how shit the ant-Glazer protest was (a planned walkout at 73 minutes, 17 minutes = 17 years of glazers). Not even the blokes holding the anti-glazer banner or all those with green and yellow scarves walked out. :facepalm: If the game had been some sort of dire draw or loss, there would have been a mass departure. How fucking fickle.

Peter Schmeichel suggesting Madrid didn't deserve to win because...

"The first chance was the first goal in the 90th minute, the second goal was the second chance and the third goal was the third time they hit the target," the 1999 Champions League winner explained on CBS Sports post-match. "

Erm, is that the Peter Schmeichel who did a cartwheel when something similar happened on a certain night in Barcelona in May 1999? :facepalm:

If Ralf Rangnick remained in charge and this exact squad contested next season, Man Utd would without question get relegated. Put another year's mileage into the ageing legs of Ronaldo, Cavani, Mata, Matic etc and factor in that some previously decent players (Rashford, Maguire, Wan Bissaka) have had their confidence drained away to the point that they look genuinely terrified to step onto a football pitch; if Manchester United were a horse, that Brighton match would have ended with a green screen being put round it.

Calm down, they're 6th and won the previous match at a canter.
Bit they started out mediocre and are getting progressively worse. The notable recent exceptions are when Ronaldo single handedly keeps them afloat (Spurs, Norwich) and he's 37.

Yes, I've been watching, but they wouldn't get relegated.
It's already happened.

Definition of relegate

transitive verb

a : to assign to a place of insignificance or of oblivion : put out of sight or mind

Neither of their arch rivals have any thoughts for what's happening at United other than the obvious feelings of joy.

Well, last year I went with Best of the Rest for a thread title. Any suggestions for 2022-3? 'Crawling From the Wreckage', 'I hope the Glazers Die Horribly' or the ever popular 'Man United are Shit'?

Well, last year I went with Best of the Rest for a thread title. Any suggestions for 2022-3? 'Crawling From the Wreckage', 'I hope the Glazers Die Horribly' or the ever popular 'Man United are Shit'?

Conference Champions?

Yea I know the joke is old because the Conference is now the National League.

Reminds me of the joke about a City manager (can't remember which one as we were going through them at the time) fainted in the middle of Manchester. When he came round he asked where was and they said you're in the Nationwide, to which said manager replied "shit, what happened to Divisions 3 and 4?"

In one of the most predictable stories in football, Ragnick departs without becoming a consultant. It was obvious he would have had no authority as a temp manager and so it turned out. Similarly, after an appalling run - and probably regardless of that - why would Ten Haag have wanted a part time consultant hanging around? Or even a full time one. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I realise that this is not the best time of year to be asking this, but don't suppose anyone feels like they've read any interesting or insightful articles on United recently? Am prepared to take a very wide definition of "recently" here. And "interesting", for that matter.

Obviously not enough interest for a thread for next season so thought I'd post a link to this here...
To be honest, I'm waiting for a sponsorship deal with the Saudi regime or an online gambling company before I start one.

Back
Top Bottom