Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Love/Hate - Dublin gangster nonsense

That's what prevented schools from doing it a few years ago. They tried it in a secondary school in co. Limerick and it was stopped because it was deemed to be in breach of data protection guidelines.

Do they not do this in britain then?

It's just presented as a fait accompli/the march of time over here.

That's what prevented schools from doing it a few years ago. They tried it in a secondary school in co. Limerick and it was stopped because it was deemed to be in breach of data protection guidelines.

thankfully they didnt have a shinner for education minister . Theyd be swabbing the kids mouths as we speak .

by a succession of sinn fein education minsters who introduced the mass profiling of our young people and as you say normalized it.

Damn. It seems Britain has a Sinn Féin education minister too

"According to the Department of Education, 30 percent of secondary schools and five percent of primary schools in the country use fingerprinting or facial recognition to record attendance, enable students to borrow library books, pay for lunch of access certain buildings within school systems."

http://www.biometricupdate.com/2013...ias-privacy-nightmare-or-lunchroom-revolution

Looks like Nidgey was selling the wrong drugs afterall.

I remember doing an art project with a class that involved using their fingerprints. This was about 12 yrs ago. And one pupil refused point blank to have anything to do with it.
His father was in the IRA and the lad was obviously well versed in his rights.
At the time I hadnt even thought about the fact that it could be controversial but after he objected and I gave it some thought, every pupil destroyed or removed their fingerprint art that day.

I'm in Eire and it's certainly not a fait accompli here. I'm very surprised that it's coming from a Sinn Fein minister in NI tbh. I'd have thought the shinners would have been very anti the taking of and storing of fingerprints :confused:

Is it Gov policy to do this in every school in the UK?

Back to love/hate. It won't be back next year although a 6th series is in development? What's going on here Rte you cunts? (even though it's an issue with the writer and producers I'm still blaming Rte)

http://rte.ie/news/2014/1116/659785-lovehate/

Maybe they need to find some new characters to replace all the dead ones :D

Give me a teaser, are there ANY characters left from the 1st series? :hmm::D

Just three I think and one is in a vegetative state in hospital so two active characters at most.
I make it 3 also...

There's your spud-in-a-bed; and his girlfriend's auntie; plus there's also Elmo, who was in from the first series, but not around in season 2.

Ado and Dave the solicitor have both been in every season since the second.

some but not all schools. I don't like it. If I was a schoolie I'd be organising full on 'I am not a number I am a free man!' boycott.

I make it 3 also...

There's your spud-in-a-bed; and his girlfriend's auntie; plus there's also Elmo, who was in from the first series, but not around in season 2.

Ado and Dave the solicitor have both been in every season since the second.

Oh we forgot
TRISH!!!

A man who warned Gardai that he knew ‘King Nidge’ from the hit RTÉ drama Love/Hate has been fined €400.

Keith Rooney was arrested by gardaí while on a stag party with friends in Letterkenny, Co Donegal.

Judge Paul Kelly asked Rooney if he knew that King Nidge was a fictional character and if his friends in Drogheda “were real or imaginary.” Rooney, who works making tanks for oil rigs, replied that they too were imaginary.

Not readiNg the thread yet, watched season 1-3 in just a week and deep into s4 now, loving it, best thing in ages.

:D:D:D

I STILL haven't watched Season 4. It's sitting there right at the top of the pile, and Season 5 is sitting there waiting for me to wrap it up :D

There should be a picture of you beside the dictionary entry for the word 'procrastinator' ;)

Not procrastinating at all, I'm just having to get through all the shit on the PVR. Every time I get near to thinking I've cleared enough stuff off to record Christmas stuff, I record more shit :facepalm::oops:

You'll be pleased to hear that over the last 2 days, I've finally watched Series 4 and 5 :D

Series 4 was a bit low on body count, but Series 5 picked it up a bit :D

So, where's it go from here what with hardly any of the original gang left? :hmm:

Bit of a bump but finally watched this, and watched all 5 seasons from Sunday up to yesterday - absolutely brilliant show, loved it.

I lived in Dublin in the early 90's and this was as close to bang on the money as can be.

Bit of a bump but finally watched this, and watched all 5 seasons from Sunday up to yesterday - absolutely brilliant show, loved it.

I lived in Dublin in the early 90's and this was as close to bang on the money as can be.

Really? It's a good show, a bit too Sopranoesque/HBO, think they could have done more with it but still, early 90s? It starts with celtic tiger stuff etc

Smack, coke, E's, gangsters, the RA, scumbags, all we're well and truly in place long before the Celtic Tiger.

I got goosebumps watching it.

Funnily enough too, late 90 and early 91 in Dublin was, albeit on a much smaller scale, very similar to the UK summers of Love in 88/89 - it was a small crowd, great drugs, good buzz - just before the boyos got involved.

E2a: I've never watched the Sopranos and even Breaking Bad I only started watching about a month ago. I liked this as it was familiar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom