Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Love/Hate - Dublin gangster nonsense

The question about lack of surveillance is valid but lack of resources and underestimation of capabilities probably more likely than murk.

Bit cheeky seeing as less than a week before media were reporting Garda sources had told them that a “special policing plan involving armed gardai will be put in place next weekend in the capital when members of the Christy Kinahan cartel are expected to be out in force for two boxing events,” and that “Garda management are concerned that the bouts, which take place at the National Stadium and a venue in Clondalkin next Friday and Saturday, could lead to assassination attempts.”

Definitely not a PR offensive guv :thumbs:
Chucking cash about in his quest to go legit you say.

Bit cheeky seeing as less than a week before media were reporting Garda sources had told them that a “special policing plan involving armed gardai will be put in place next weekend in the capital when members of the Christy Kinahan cartel are expected to be out in force for two boxing events,” and that “Garda management are concerned that the bouts, which take place at the National Stadium and a venue in Clondalkin next Friday and Saturday, could lead to assassination attempts.”

Then again, ah sure it'll be grand.

Kinahan set up a big fight.

The BBC shared the video on their social media channels but they opted to chop the direct mention of Kinahan's name at the start of the video and instead begin the clip on '...get in there my boy', before deleting the video altogether.

Good old BBC.

I haven't read any of the thread, is it worth watching? Nothing much on tv lately.
First season is a bit so-so, but it introduces the set-up and the characters, and is only four episodes long. Season two goes a bit more in-depth, and builds in some long-running plot points. Season three really cranks things up. Season four switches perspectives. Season five raises the heat till the pans boil over :eek:

I've done a spreadsheet detailing all the violence, episode-by-episode, season-by-season.

SPOILERS AHOY!

If you spot any mistakes please let me know :)

KIN.
Watching this. On episode 5.
Gets better. The supposed inner city Dublin accents are not great.
Main female character is obvs trying to mimic Katie Taylor... who DOES NOT have an inner city accent.

Its nearly as if someone said "speak flat with no intonation ". Anyone who knows an inner city Dublin accent knows there's plenty intonation. They do not talk flat.

Eta. Not a patch on Love Hate

Foyne ta wasch if de axxint duznt boder ya.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom