Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Loughborough Junction chitter-chatter

The Victorians would have termed this "moral terpitude" and banged her up for life in Cane Hill or some such place which is doubtless now luxury Wimpey Homes.

It's Camberwell Winter Festival 2023!
Warrior Artists are showing this weekend, 2 & 3 December, 12–6pm, at Sunshine International Arts, 209A Coldharbour Lane, SW9 8RU (opposite LJ station).

Attachments

• Warrior Flyer.jpeg
    Warrior Flyer.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I hear that the Warrior Artists show at Sunshine International Arts has now been extended to this coming Friday and Saturday, 8 & 9 December!

Chinook landed in Ruskin Park.
Exercise in conjunction with the hospital I'd imagine ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 17.29.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 17.29.50.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Hopefully, the six schoolgirls and very young women (including one who has subsequently tried to commit suicide on three different occasions), collectively described as "women" in various media reports, who were raped 22 times by Barrington Road's Kevarnie Queen (also known as "K1") in the campaign of violence that he carried out in Brixton during a three-year period starting at the age of 15 and ending in May 2022 when he was 18, will receive all the help, counselling and other assistance that they require as they try to rebuild their lives.

78935953-12861233-image-a-33_1702506558285.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Earlier today, Kevarnie Queen was sentenced to 12 years’ imprisonment with an additional four years on licence at Inner London Crown Court, having previously been convicted of 22 counts of rape at the same court.

Disturbing:

"Residents living in a block of flats say they have been living with severe mould, damp and leaks for up to 13 years and are suffering from severe health issues as a result ..."

22 November 2023: ‘These issues can kill people’: Residents suffering for years in flooding flats riddled with mould

"South Londoners say they are living in a damp-ridden 'ticking time bomb' estate where mould is so bad it drips from residents' ceilings. Flats in Iveagh House in Brixton were branded 'semi-luxury' when they were built in the early 1950s ..."

10 January 2024: Inside 'ticking time bomb' South London flats where black glue-like mould drips from the ceilings

gp-logo-green.jpg

"We apologise profusely for the conditions experienced by some residents, and we apologise for any inconvenience whilst we carry out (a £12m programme of) works."

BBC News - Brixton: Four injured as gunshots fired in south London
I'm on a midday train which is "not stopping at Loughborough Junction due to a serious incident "

(Note: not necessarily at the station, could mean roads still cordoned so no passenger exit possible from the station)

cops have cordoned off the roads under the railway station. 35, 45 and 345 not running along coldharbour lane atm.

Proposal for the Hardess Street site now submitted for planning application. I've made a thread here -

I have just had the strangest letter from Loughborough EMB through my door. 🤷
I posted it here. But think maybe I shouldn't have done. So, I've deleted it. PM me if you want to see it.

Last edited:
Anyone any idea why there was an air ambulance helicopter land on Wycks Gardens this afternoon?
When I was coming back from GP about 4.30 pm there was a host of emergency lights flashing on police cars and at least one ambulance in the bit of Loughborough Park which joins onto Coldharbour Lane. Possibly this?
No idea what the incident was.

When I was coming back from GP about 4.30 pm there was a host of emergency lights flashing on police cars and at least one ambulance in the bit of Loughborough Park which joins onto Coldharbour Lane. Possibly this?
No idea what the incident was.
Yes must have been related. Was about that time.

LJAG in person meeting tonight
Loughborough Junction Neighbourhood Forum - Wednesday 28 February at The Platform Café, 2 Ridgway Road, SW9 7AH
1. Appointment of chair
2. Appointment of minute taker.
3. Apologies for absence.
4. Note of meeting of LJ Neighbourhood Forum on 31 January 2024.
5. Matters arising.
6. Lift for Loughborough Junction station campaign – change.org petition.
7. Hero of Switzerland – Note of meeting with Martin Baker of Town Quay Developments.
8. Hinton Road co-living development.
9. Higgs Estate section 106 payments.
10. Loughborough Road Health Road Scheme.
11. St Saviour’s School Safer Road campaign.
12. Any other business.
13. Date of next meeting Wednesday 31 January 2024.

Back
Top Bottom