Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Loughborough Junction chitter-chatter

Picture stolen from Facebook. East Berlin, 1976.
449457887_8123656277655838_843579641647543935_n.jpg
Rather "New Loughborough" I thought!

I suppose it's about what you consider new. It looks more in keeping with the 'old' Loughborough estate, which was also post-war architecture.
Got you there - the old Loughborough Estate as built before 1939! In any case I expect a Herne Hill resident would hardly be expected to know that us locals commonly refer to Old Loughborough or New Lougborough as a matter of convenience and orientation. Get your social housing history sorted. Up the workers and down with the bourgeoisie!
Ashby House is given as built in 1932 according to the London Picture archive
ashby house.png

Got you there - the old Loughborough Estate as built before 1939! In any case I expect a Herne Hill resident would hardly be expected to know that us locals commonly refer to Old Loughborough or New Lougborough as a matter of convenience and orientation. Get your social housing history sorted. Up the workers and down with the bourgeoisie!
I beg your pardon? You have absolutely no idea where I live. Neither do you know anything about my class.

The Peter Shorinwa Community Centre was referred to up thread some time back. I had not appreciated the magnificence of it.
Is Peter still with us? Surely such signature appreciation is reserved for those who have departed?
1722181934804.png

Still listed as a board member.
I've never even seen this building. 🤷‍♀️
Looks like the former rent office outside Ashby House to me. But I've not visited Ashby House for a couple of years.
I obtained the photo by Googling what is written on the outside now.

The Metropolitan Police were called at 11.18 p.m. on Friday 23 August 2024 to reports of shots being fired on Lilford Road. Police officers attended and a number of shell casings were recovered. There were no injuries, and there have been no arrests.

An investigation is under way, and anyone who witnessed this incident or has footage should call police on 101 or post on X @MetCC quoting 177/13AUG. To remain 100 per cent anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.

I see that Jim Dickson is busy campaigning in favour of road-building & increasing road traffic down in Dartford.

• Wow
Reactions: CH1
Back
Top Bottom