Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London rioting and looting, Aug 2011

Video of the football lot having a fun time in Enfield. They were not EDl even though the Edl would love to have hijacked it. They were not hunting blacks either as the video shows. If I was from round there I would have gone on it, too.

They remind me of a lot of people I know at football. I can imagine they and the Hackney woman in the video a few pages back share similair feelings about the looting and vandalism.

I tell you what fuck off you patronising grumpy arse, who are you to define my community? I usually have a lot of time for you but cock off and take your shitty mood out on someone else.

What I'm doing right now is preparing to go to bed after running my self ragged organising and running a community party yesterday and having a massive clear up job today. Most of what I see as my community were at that party yesterday.

Make your point about unconfirmed reports fair enough but don't lecture me on my community and how I should define it. You have no clue.

there you go.

You pick and choose your community.

No, I live in my community, this includes the people I see day to day, share local area and services with, organise projects with, local shop keepers also etc. That is my immediate community. There is of course a wider community, which extends across the Borough and all of London. People I have links with, friends, colleagues, family, associates and others that I share experiences and interests with.

As I suspected you haven't got a point or a clue. You are trying hard to make a non-point, sniping, childish and pathetic. Leave me alone now please unless you have anything constructive to discuss.

Video of the football lot having a fun time in Enfield. They were not EDl even though the Edl would love to have hijacked it. They were not hunting blacks either as the video shows. If I was from round there I would have gone on it, too.

Eltham, not Enfield. It's the "white", "racist" Millwall lot.

Enfield I think. There is a Brown Eagle there - up near Ordnance Road - and I know there were hundreds out last night wandering around looking for looters.

You're right - hadn't noticed the Brown Eagle, though looks very like Eltham Hill otherwise. And not unrepresentative of the bods who were out there.

just had a thought - the looters were looting newsagents and that - I'm assuming they would have grabbed Lottery scratch cards along with the fags and booze - if they were to win on those cards - and went to claim - would the lottery people know that they had been looted? and could they be nabbed for it then, and ....would they get the prize money?

just had a thought - the looters were looting newsagents and that - I'm assuming they would have grabbed Lottery scratch cards along with the fags and booze - if they were to win on those cards - and went to claim - would the lottery people know that they had been looted? and could they be nabbed for it then, and ....would they get the prize money?

Have you been offered some half-price scratchcards then?

Each retailer is registered and the serial nos. of their batches of scratchcards are noted. If those batches are reported stolen, then the cards become void.

I just thought of it as a way of catching the looters - they probably don't realise the cards are voided - and would try and claim the money :p

I don't think they can pinpoint which cards are in which stores: they can't here, at any rate. When a winning ticket goes unclaimed, they can tell which city it was sold in, but that's it.

anyone else struggling to believe that the whole political establishment are in shock over this? Wasn't exactly difficult to see coming after cutting social services, youth services, policing, while real wages drop, employment stagnates and inflation rises, was it?

anyone else struggling to believe that the whole political establishment are in shock over this? Wasn't exactly difficult to see coming after cutting social services, youth services, policing, while real wages drop, employment stagnates and inflation rises, was it?

If I did believe them I would be even more concerned than I already am....They are supposed to be the 'educated' ones after all.

I don't think that's it. Or more fair to say that's not all of it.

I don't think they're in shock so much as panic.

They're shitting themselves at the idea that the electorate will start making a connection between 30 years of neo-liberal policies and the mob of feral youth currently burning people's cars and pissing through their letterboxes.

The problem is they can't think of anything to do about it besides loudly conflating 'explain' with 'excuse' and screaming like angry gibbons to shout down anyone talking about causes.

They're shitting themselves at the idea that the electorate will start making a connection between 30 years of neo-liberal policies and the mob of feral youth currently burning people's cars and pissing through their letterboxes.
I mean you got people like Diane Abbott on the news saying "I've been at MP here for 25 years ..." and you're thinking, "and it's still like this, bang up job you've done, eh?"

The problem is they can't think of anything to do about it besides loudly conflating 'explain' with 'excuse' and screaming like angry monkeys to shout down anyone talking about causes.
they needn't worry, I've not heard many making the connection. More calling for the army.

I mean, we're stuck on a ridiculous narrative at the moment - that all of this is just bad men/kids running rampage, and when it's all over we can return to our nice little tranquil lives, safe in an ordered society. Everything will be fine if all the nice people come and sweep up after. It's a dream world cause if we keep heading in the same direction this is the future.

Back
Top Bottom