Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London 20th- anyone going?

I was on the march from Embankment to Hyde Park. I never got to see the people with whom I was going and when I sent out texts at Hyde Park they said they were there but I never found them. I left after the African guy with the red top had finished speaking. I missed hearing Miliband thankfully. I heard a bit of Mark Serwotka when I first arrived, he is the only one I have time for really.

I left after getting to Hyde Park. I was on my own and from past experiences the speeches would just have made me bored or cross.

many of the crowd ended up in Trafalger Square with a load of hooded kids wearing Anonymous masks "occupying" the base of Nelson's Column
I seem to remember that this was where things failed last year - or might have been another demo - but the police know what to do about a group of people sitting in one place. It's when people are running around a busy street with multiple targets that they get really lost, not being able to close down the whole thing and not knowing where anyone is going next.

I seem to remember that this was where things failed last year - or might have been another demo - but the police know what to do about a group of people sitting in one place. It's when people are running around a busy street with multiple targets that they get really lost, not being able to close down the whole thing and not knowing where anyone is going next.
yep, absolutely.

We did the march and had the perfect excuse to leave before the Hyde Park dullness as we had the baby with us. Much better turnout than I'd feared, and my daughter enjoyed the brass band.

Yep, there were lots of worried looking shoppers on Bond Street/Oxford Street/Covent Garden, taking time out to gawp at protestors in between buying jewellery and iphones.

And this lot, who pissed off the guards at the Savoy and got in a bit of a ruck:

E2A: cant embed video - copy & paste this link and remove the space in the URL
http://vimeo.com /51821369

:eek: :D

I joined the march at St Pauls. Thought I saw Rutita on the steps at St Pauls but I wasn't sure.

Nursed a couple of beers at the Pontefract Castle thinking I'd recognise some people from here but I didn't. Met some interesting randoms.

There is a tweeet going around attached to a vid of a copper getting lead away by two police medics. Charlie Veitch is making out that he was being pulled off duty because of bad behaviour. @ 1:56 in this vid you see the same copper being helped up off the floor by medics. So no Charlie, stop pretending you have a scoop. He was led away by police medics because that's what they do when some gets injured. :facepalm:

This is one of those moments when I realise that you know what I look like and I have no clue if I have ever seen a pic or whatever of you. :)
Cannot remember names but saw a picture of you on here years ago.

Oh well. Another time. Would've felt like an idiot going up to you and asking you if you were off here. :)

Cannot remember names but saw a picture of you on here years ago.

Oh well. Another time. Would've felt like an idiot going up to you and asking you if you were off here. :)

Heh! Why? I do it all the time. :D In fact there were 3 people I said hello to today that I have only ever had internet contact with, not from here but elsewhere. Next time. :)

Anyone know who the guy was who got nicked outside Monsoon in Regents Street with about thirty coppers surrounding him?

Nothing much to report. Impressed by the courage and solidarity shown by protestors defending others from plod beatings. Didn't see anything that could be described as violence or vandalism from anyone who wasn't in uniform.

Get in touch with Green and Black Cross, hopefully they'll be in contact with the arrestee and will be looking for witnesses

G&B have been contacted and they only report 2 arrestees today. Neither is not the guy who is tackled to the floor in the vids I posted above which is odd. Maybe some were de-arrested?

That said maybe he didn't contact G&B? He is known to many so the vid has been circulated and peeps are trying to find out where he is etc.

Back
Top Bottom