Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Local Elections 2023

Only 1 seat change (from labour to green) in coventry. Labour still in overall control. Greens won in same ward holbrookes last year so they have 2 councilors now.

Probably played into it, but that's a massive gain in votes, probably mainly down to wanting to hurt the Tories, but being too posh to vote Labour.

There's two wards in Goring-by-Sea, both with 3 seats, which had been solid Tory, Goring [south] is now 2 Tories & 1 Green, and north of the railway line in Castle [Goring] all 3 have gone to Labour.

There was a threat of development on the Goring Gap, but both Labour & Tories were against that, the Tories had refused planning permission, but the Planning Inspectorate over ruled them, the Tories started High Court action to reverse that, Labour continued with that action when the took over the council last year, and the action was successful.

Basically every party would do their utmost to prevent Goring Gap being developed, no other nimbly stuff in play.
Where are you getting your degree of detail from? Is it somewhere national or local? With True Blue Yokeland there's nowt on the council website and all the Beeb tells me is that 7 have been elected so far (4 Tory, 3 Lab) with +1 to Lab and -1 to Con.

wtf is going on in Slough? Labour lose control to the tories*, with the scum gaining 16 seats from them???

* sorry, to no overall control

Labour seem to be doing poorly in the West Midlands. They’ve lost two seats in Sandwell (albeit from a very high overall base), failed to win in Walsall and Dudley and it’s vote share hasn’t shifted much across the area.

Hardly the red wall returning to the fold….can’t be arsed to vote for any of them by far the most popular option.
Dudley is bnp/brexit territory so not surprising labour not cutting through.

Where are you getting your degree of detail from? Is it somewhere national or local? With True Blue Yokeland there's nowt on the council website and all the Beeb tells me is that 7 have been elected so far (4 Tory, 3 Lab) with +1 to Lab and -1 to Con.

As far as Worthing is concern, the Adur & Worthing Councils' twitter account, it did throw me at one point, because there isn't supposed to be elections in Adur district, but it turned out there was a by-election for that council, and they throw that result in with the Worthing council results. They are two separate councils politically, but share a Chief Executive and all services.

Council twitter accounts or local newspapers live result pages are good sources for specific councils.

As far as Worthing is concern, the Adur & Worthing Councils' twitter account, it did throw me at one point, because there isn't supposed to be elections in Adur district, but it turned out there was a by-election for that council, and they throw that result in with the Worthing council results. They are two separate councils politically, but share a Chief Executive and all services.

Council twitter accounts or local newspapers live result pages are good sources for specific councils.
Thanks I'll have a look, it never occurred to me that South Derbyshire might have a twitter account. That's a bit like thinking my Dad has got one.

The council's borrowing quadrupled to £760m from 2016, so it could invest in several major capital projects each year.

Historic accounting errors and financial mistakes also caused the local authority to lose track of how much money it should have been set aside to pay off its debt, known as minimum revenue provision (MRP).

:facepalm: if they've gone bankrupt by keeping services up while tories cut the budget then fair enough but high-level gambling :facepalm:

Thanks I'll have a look, it never occurred to me that South Derbyshire might have a twitter account. That's a bit like thinking my Dad has got one.
Amazeballs they've got one but my ward hasn't finished counting (some others have though) just a list of the 9 shitbags that stood

The Tories are not having a good time in West Sussex, counting continues for Chichester District Council, but the LDs have made made huge gains and already taken over half the seats, and control of the council.

Final results after another blue wall crashes down.

Last edited:
Tories gain torbay
pedestrianisation of Paignton has been a hot potato

Also the council backed a music festival due to take place in May to the tune of £20k or so, the organisers have gone bust. Not a good look at this time really

Last edited:
Liverpool, after boundary changes:

Labour Party34
pixel.gif
Liberal Democrats
pixel.gif
Green Party
pixel.gif
Liberal Party
pixel.gif
Liverpool Community Independents
pixel.gif