Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

In the last few photos I've seen, including the one I've just posted, she's starting to look like she's wearing her own face as a dead skin mask.

At this point, if it turns out she's actually Zombie Thatcher doing a stint as a Liz Truss impersonator, it'll only be partially surprising.
Having to do the Thatcher 4 hours sleep regime too

If she hangs around, she really risks transitioning from national joke to national pariah. The former isn’t fun to be but the latter can be really lastingly unpleasant.

Last edited:
think there might be a few sore heads this morning

FfdjMWIWYBwT58y

:eek:

She's already there.
But it's inherently not a suprise - she had a reputation as a terrible public speaker, a shite boss, and an awful political tactician.

So it's not unexpected that's she's floundering, it's jut interesting that it happened so quickly.

Hi, Future Liz here, do you remember that time before the End Times when I was PM? Such a laugh! Anyway I'm off now to fight over food parcels in the wasteland, during the dark hours when the ultraviolet rays are weakest

Hi, Future Liz here, do you remember that time before the End Times when I was PM? Such a laugh! Anyway I'm off now to fight over food parcels in the wasteland, during the dark hours when the ultraviolet rays are weakest
Bullshit.

You'd be the first to die.

f.l. wouldn't need to do that, there'll be no food parcels where she's going

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 09.51.29.png
That's the one whose job is mostly wearing a frilly shirt and carrying a massive golden mace around like its 1482.
If his investigation says that yes they physically shoved each about last night hopefully some antique punishment ensues.

View attachment 347947
That's the one whose job is mostly wearing a frilly shirt and carrying a massive golden mace around like its 1482.
If his investigation says that yes they physically shoved each about last night hopefully some antique punishment ensues.
Fuck's sake, can't even spell Sergeant properly, woke nonsense.

Hoyle is utterly useless. Which tory has persuaded him to do this?

View attachment 347947

Something from the 18th century would be appropriate for Rees-Mogg.

A couple of years ago on here I commented that truss looked completely zombified , as if in the grip of some cult. She does need to get the first flight to Jonestown now. Fucking insanity

Have we had this on the boards before ?

EDIT:- apparently yes -

After the departure of Suella Braverman after just 44 days in the job, the new Home Secretary is Grant Shapps who previously pretended to be a "multimillion dollar web marketer" called Michael Green in a dodgy get rich quick scheme flogging content scraping software designed to steal other people's creative content.
Shapps/Green also used the false aliases Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox to recommend this content-stealing software.
Eventually Google cottoned on to what Shapps/Green was up to and began blacklisting any website that used his content-stealing software to generate fake content, meaning if you fell for his dodgy 'get rich quick' scheme and actually paid him money, you'd end up with worse search engine rankings than if you'd done nothing.
An individual like this is clearly unfit to be an MP, let alone the person responsible for overseeing law and order in the UK.
But we live in a country with a completely dysfunctional political establishment, and a complicit media class that outright refuses to properly hold them to account.
I mean if a bone-idle, bigoted, lying, philandering oaf like Boris Johnson, and a vacuous and incompetent dullard like Liz Truss can serve as Prime Ministers, why wouldn't we end up with a former Internet con artist as Home Secretary?

Was thinking earlier, regardless of however short her time as PM turns out to be, she'll still benefit from most* of the post-PM perks. She'll get invited to Charlie's funeral, she'll get offers on the speaker circuit, I'm sure there's other crap.

She'll get nowhere on the speaker circuit. You can maybe get away with being an absolutely terrible speaker but not with being a Massive Fucking Loser and national joke. That's not what they pay for at all. She might get to turn on her local Christmas lights if the cast of Emmerdale are all busy.

I wonder if the Tory party will split? I can’t help but feel that for it’s own survival it needs too.

The tories don’t have a Mitch McConnell type that will try to sabotage the crazy wing of the party for the good of the party. Without that type of person I can only see a split.
I can't really see it, but Matt Godwin - who's much more plugged in to the semi-fascist end of the tory party than I am - suggests there's serious conversations along those lines happening right now in his latest mailout.

...the implosion of the party is also more structural than strategic. Dominated from head to toe by leaders, donors and MPs who lean much further to the economic right and much further to the cultural left than many of its new voters, the Conservative Party has simply never known what to do with these voters or what to say to them. It thinks it can return to the 2010s while also holding a completely different electorate.

This, alongside general incompetence, is why it is crashing in the polls, averaging a lower level of support this week than it had in the immediate aftermath of the ERM crisis, on the eve of Tony Blair’s victory in 1997, during the depths of Partygate and amid the mass resignations that finally brought Boris Johnson down. Only once in modern history has the party been lower: the spring of 2019 when the resignation of Theresa May and the rise of the Brexit Party nearly completely wiped the party out.

And that is now why some MPs and renegade politicians sense a bigger opportunity. Tonight, on Whatsapp groups and late night calls, there is open talk about the possibility of a far more profound split within British conservatism, a reconfiguration of the right. Some say Suella and others should make it clear they will not tolerate ‘a coronation’, whereby the elected Liz Truss is replaced by the unelected Rishi Sunak and/or Penny Mordaunt. They should appeal direct to Conservative members and make it clear they will not stand for what they call “a coup”. Others want to go further.

A big risk facing the Conservative Party is not just that the turmoil of the Truss government continues but there begin to emerge serious calls for an entirely new vehicle for disgruntled conservatives who simply no longer believe that today’s Conservative Party is what its name implies. ‘We are going to get smashed at the next election anyway’, the thinking goes, ‘so why not try and reshape conservatism along the way’. One MP this evening points to the early 1990s in Canada where, under first-past-the-post, liberal progressive conservatives were suddenly swept aside by a new party that was far more in tune with the working-class, non-graduate and older people who were voting for it. Sounds familiar. Might something like that emerge in Britain in the weeks and months ahead? Maybe.

She'll get nowhere on the speaker circuit. You can maybe get away with being an absolutely terrible speaker but not with being a Massive Fucking Loser and national joke. That's not what they pay for at all.
Nick Leeson did alright!

It’s hard to imagine what she might do after this, who would give her a job.
Her only useful qualification is as a chartered accountant but who the fuck would employ her as that of all things now.

She'll get nowhere on the speaker circuit. You can maybe get away with being an absolutely terrible speaker but not with being a Massive Fucking Loser and national joke. That's not what they pay for at all. She might get to turn on her local Christmas lights if the cast of Emmerdale are all busy.
only if there's a chance that she'll receive a fatal electric shock

It’s hard to imagine what she might do after this, who would give her a job.
Her only useful qualification is as a chartered accountant but who the fuck would employ her as that of all things now.
a chartered management accountant, which isn't useful for someone with no obvious talent for management

Cameron’s giving talks on leadership so always someone willingly buying a load of tosh

If she has any sense at all she’ll employ a really good comic speechwriter to take the piss out of herself as the worst PM ever. Ride the whole dry self-deprecating British sense of humour thing. Rich white men paying to get pissed and roar with laughter at a woman who failed spectacularly in public. She’ll make a fucking fortune.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom