Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

And for those who want to join in and play laugh at lizzie

k0iTaW2.jpeg

temporary link to epub

To read Truss, the great self-publicist of her generation, bemoan leadership plotters and “a political establishment driven by short-term popularity, drifting on the prevailing winds of fashionable commentary” is like reading Benny Hill complain that too few people subscribe to Spare Rib. (Times review)

Her name on the front of the book has a tagline to help people remember who she is.

In other words, they imagine most of the sales will be made from trestle tables to Americans who don't know what they are buying.

Edit: Also they think their target audience might struggle with the phrase "United Kingdom".

Last edited:
Her name on the front of the book has a tagline to help people remember who she is.

In other words, they imagine most of the sales will be made from trestle tables to Americans who don't know what they are buying.
For America you say. Trussed up ( like a turkey ) could be more appropriate. Especially if it was released at thanksgiving.

has the lettuce's biography come out yet?

There's -

Liz Truss Biography : Story Life Of A Prime Minister - somehow it manages 31 pages!

Achievements of Liz Truss - it comes with a lettuce motif on the cover, and runs to a massive 120 pages!*

Satirical book listing the achievements of UK Prime Minister Liz Truss. It is blank except for a lettuce motif.
Perfect for doodling, planning your own policies or plotting the life cycle of a lettuce.
Great gift for political students, activists and politicians alike.

Oh dear, she's in a bit of bother for breaking the rules...

Liz Truss failed to get the Cabinet Office’s clearance to reveal details of private conversations with the late Queen in her new memoir.

The former prime minister broke the rules meant to avoid sensitive details about a person’s time in government being released.

Truss launched her new book, Ten Years To Save the West, on Tuesday, and said it detailed “my experience of being the only conservative in the room”.

LOL!

From The Times via https://archive.ph/BkZ7K

No, but yesterday I came across this Guardian article about how Daily Star decided to create the lettuce stunt, the inspiration for it, and who the lettuce caretaker was during its short but bright existence. An interesting read :D

love that last line:
“Apparently putting it on ice makes it worse. Room temperature is the way to go.”

No, but yesterday I came across this Guardian article about how Daily Star decided to create the lettuce stunt, the inspiration for it, and who the lettuce caretaker was during its short but bright existence. An interesting read :D

Livesey explained: “Every single conversation, we’re trying to think how we have fun with it. That’s our place, that’s how we see our job, With the political stuff we’re not anti-Conservative, anti-Labour, we’re just anti-idiot.

“If the people in power are acting in a way that we think is worth poking fun at, then we’ll be all over it. In this instance and various things over the last couple of weeks it’s been an open goal.”

Now that did make me laugh, 'anti-idiot'. :D

If you have to put 'former prime minister' on the cover of your book...I mean most people who do that job don't need to tell people that they did it.

I guess it's aimed at US weirdos, as that's presumably where she's planning on setting up shop as a third-rate grifter. Something to hold up on loon talkshows, not something anyone's supposed to actually read.

If you have to put 'former prime minister' on the cover of your book...I mean most people who do that job don't need to tell people that they did it.

I guess it's aimed at US weirdos, as that's presumably where she's planning on setting up shop as a third-rate grifter. Something to hold up on loon talkshows, not something anyone's supposed to actually read.
yeah that's the US edition. the UK edition omits the "former prime minister" descriptor.

the different subtitles are interesting. UK one is delusion but the US one is totally batshit insane. really shows the market she's pitching for in this attempt at a post political media career.

1713512778781.png1713512810549.png

is it just me or does the UK edition look really cheap? like they got the work experience kid who's used photoshop once to knock something up in 5 minsutes?

It’s amusing that all these cranks that go on about ‘saving the west’ do nothing but parrot Kremlin-sponsored culture war talking points aimed at dividing and weakening the ‘west’. It’s almost like they have no awareness of the role they play or something.

Imagine looking at the world around you and thinking, we're being too hard on the rich, we're spending too much on hospitals.

It's a mental illness is what it is. Kneecapping everything that keeps society functioning = growth. Because, um, magic.

Most of the politicians at this end of the scale know they're full of shit, know they're just paid shills for the gangster class. Truss actually believes it.

Back
Top Bottom