Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

I am just watching Peston from Wednesday night, he has interview with Truss coming up, to introduce it he said, 'you may have noticed Liz Truss has just published a book called 'it wasn't me', before correcting himself. :D

Depressing thing is that she's got a shitload of publicity for this book and it's currently ranked 23rd on Amazon. Even without a big advance, she's going to make shitloads of money out of it. :(

We should all try to ignore her really.

Depressing thing is that she's got a shitload of publicity for this book and it's currently ranked 23rd on Amazon. Even without a big advance, she's going to make shitloads of money out of it. :(

We should all try to ignore her really.
Money is not her motivation for writing it though, and I’m sure she is more than comfortable already. Political influence, and building up her Statesmanship image, are undoubtedly the driving forces behind her writing books. So take comfort in the fact that the book will be a complete failure as far as she had intended it to result in, and she’ll continue to be angry and genuinely flabbergasted at why anyone outside of the extreme nutjob fringes of her own party continues to fail to appreciate her greatness.

Money is not her motivation for writing it though, and I’m sure she is more than comfortable already. Political influence, and building up her Statesmanship image, are undoubtedly the driving forces behind her writing books. So take comfort in the fact that the book will be a complete failure as far as she had intended it to result in, and she’ll continue to be angry and genuinely flabbergasted at why anyone outside of the extreme nutjob fringes of her own party continues to fail to appreciate her greatness.
She's setting out her stall once Sunak's gone.

She's setting out her stall once Sunak's gone.
Sure. But ultimately it doesn’t matter to the general population. Gone are the days when (since Thatcher’s fall at least), the Parliamentary Tory Party had at least an even mix of moderates and hardliners, and most of the front benches consisted of mainly the former, with a couple of token hard right nutjobs kept around to appease that wing of their membership.

Boris’s great purge in the aftermath of the Brexit referendum has resulted in the lunatics taking over the asylum. Truss is horrendous but no more catastrophic as any other possible candidate from the hard right wing of the Tory Party who might beat her to the post. Ultimately we’d be as fucked whether it was her, seriously unhinged Cruella, astonishingly cruel Patel, fucking Boris or Jacob Rees-Cunt who ended up in charge.

She is the subject of the regular 'Lunch With The FT' feature with the papers political editor

Liz Truss: ‘I don’t believe in guardrails’ - Financial Times (archived)

Liz Truss would love it if, for one week only, this feature could be known as “Lunch with the Deep State”. After all, only a few weeks ago, Truss launched an audacious attempt to become the FT’s new global brand ambassador, waving a copy of the newspaper around at a rightwing conference in Washington, declaring that the FT was a friend of the “deep state” and helped to terminate her two-month premiership. I say I’ll see what I can do. (...)
Truss is laughing about all of this. She laughs a lot during a two-hour lunch in an 18th-century Norfolk coaching inn (...)

"They all laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkouse

Truss has chosen the Bedingfeld Arms for lunch, a gastropub overlooking Oxborough’s partially ruined St John’s church, which collapsed after a storm in 1948. I mentally thank Britain’s shortest-serving prime minister, who left her party in a similar state after departing Downing Street in October 2022, for providing her own metaphors.
FT getting hammered in the comments for giving Lizzy Lettuce any more airtime.

She is the subject of the regular 'Lunch With The FT' feature with the papers political editor

Liz Truss: ‘I don’t believe in guardrails’ - Financial Times (archived)

"They all laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkouse
The interview is hilarious. I'll look out for her book in a charity shop one day. Mad as a box of frogs, I didn't know she shared a platform with Tommy Robinson without denouncing the loon. Hopefully, she never gets anywhere being in charge again.

Any bets on whether she bought all two thousand herself?

And is there some reason why, when I search for Liz Truss it comes up with:

:hmm:
thats probably 1500 copies for libraries (hmm, okay, maybe there aren't that many libraries left) and reviewers, but not more than 500 'real people'

Is that what edgelords like Benjamin do these days, interview Liz fucking Truss? The establishment must be quaking in fear.

So it's dropped to 1,500 on Amazon. Well down, but a book that stays around there for a couple of years is doing well. Been six weeks so far. Let's hope it continues to plummet.

Any bets on whether she bought all two thousand herself?

And is there some reason why, when I search for Liz Truss it comes up with:

:hmm:

Guardian author clearly had fun writing that:

Nielsen sales data puts Truss’s effort in 70th place on last week’s bestsellers’ list, outsold by titles such as the Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook and More Confessions of a Forty-something F**k Up.

Truss, 48,
has said…

Back
Top Bottom