Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

I was listening to a podcast yesterday about Judy Mikovits. She was the lead author of a paper published in Science about chronic fatigue syndrome. The paper was subsequently discredited and retracted but rather than come to terms with her wounded pride, Mikovitz responded by rebelling against the entire scientific community and became a leading COVID conspiracy theorist (her own husband actually died of COVID but she still couldn't admit it was real, prefering instead to think her husband had been murdered by the scientific community to further smite her). I see parallels between her and Truss - they both strike me as folks who would rather blame everyone else for their own failings than take an ioata of personal responsibility.

Naomi Klein made a similar point about Naomi Wolf - she got into the conspiracy stuff after she was humiliated on live radio having completely misunderstood a stat she'd based a book on. I think with most of them you can see how intoxicating that sense of approval is once they're in these spaces can't you, and how it pulls them further down the rabbit hole.

Naomi Klein made a similar point about Naomi Wolf - she got into the conspiracy stuff after she was humiliated on live radio having completely misunderstood a stat she'd based a book on. I think with most of them you can see how intoxicating that sense of approval is once they're in these spaces can't you, and how it pulls them further down the rabbit hole.
It was a legal term, rather than a stat, and she had already been going down that road for years, but yeah, really doubled down after her public humiliation.

The fat Billy Bunter figure with the Russian hat is apparently a Taxpayers Alliance wonk / handler.

If only someone would stand on behalf of the Lettuce Party in SW Norfolk on a platform of being, well, relatively sane and working on behalf of eveyone to try and fix their problems. Anything to rid political life of this deranged, publicity-hungry, vacuous cretin.

The fat Billy Bunter figure with the Russian hat is apparently a Taxpayers Alliance wonk / handler.

If only someone would stand on behalf of the Lettuce Party in SW Norfolk on a platform of being, well, relatively sane and working on behalf of eveyone to try and fix their problems. Anything to rid political life of this deranged, publicity-hungry, vacuous cretin.

It was reasonably tight in 1997, so it has a good chance of going Labour this time round. A lettuce candidate to split the anti-Truss vote wouldn’t be helpful.

Is he the one from the infamous photo? There's a certain resemblance.
1709144728810.png
I'm sure someone (butchersapron rekil ) dug out where the prick ended up. (IIRC The one on the left joined UKIP, may even have ended up an councillor/MEP)

EDIT: Dug it out, sihhi gets the top marks in this case. I can't any hits on Connor with Truss so probably another Hayak rimming arsehole in the BBC vid
Just on this, I think it's actually a Libertarian Alliance/Freedom Association counter-rally to the April 2009 anti-G20 protests.

It's not the TaxPayers Alliance but the two on the left Tim Aker and Mark Wallace work in a paid capacity for the TaxPayers Alliance.

The two on the right are Felix Bungay and Nic Conner.

Tim Aker in this video has a copy of the Freedom Association's magazine Freedom Today.

Last edited:
Is he the one from the infamous photo? There's a certain resemblance.
View attachment 413985
I'm sure someone (butchersapron rekil ) dug out where the prick ended up. (IIRC The one on the left joined UKIP, may even have ended up an councillor/MEP)

EDIT: Dug it out, sihhi gets the top marks in this case. I can't any hits on Connor with Truss so probably another Hayak rimming arsehole in the BBC vid
It's Truss's press secretary Jonathan Isaby; ex-TPA/Brexit Central/Con-Home.

I suspect that the comparison with Corbyn will not go down well. but otherwise this does a good job taking apart Truss' fatally doomed attempts to relaunch herself as a standard bearer for international reactionary conservatism.

I always liked the Gormenghast quote that someone walked into the common room which was full of smoke from everyone's pipes and cigarettes and he turned on the light which made it darker.

Along with "... the shadow of the Tower of Flints. This tower, patched unevenly with black ivy, arose like a mutilated finger from among the fists of knuckled masonry and pointed blasphemously at heaven. "

Tbf it’s Norfolk so nfn applies😧

View attachment 418003

Truss making faux-Christian photo opportunities in front of an apparently derelict church is, on balance, a very Liz Truss thing to do.

Being a Pseud for a moment
This is quite a good summation of modern Tory Britain.

The derelict church signifying the changing religious make-up of the country.
The dual function of the broken footpath sign both shows the lack of funding of councils to maintain services and that the Tories have lost their way
Truss is dressed completely inappropriately for a stroll in the country and is clearly phoney, as she has just got out of a car. There is not a spec of mud on her trousers. Just signifying the Tories in general.
Lastly, the lamb is the British public, unwilling being held against their will.

Not as good as the original

Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop on 'Easter With Oral Roberts' in 1970.

Pioneering televangelist Roberts was an early proponent of Prosperity Theology which 'holds that its believers have a divine right to prosper in all areas of life, including finances, health, marriage, and relationships'.

Back
Top Bottom