Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

For a second I couldn't think who the current tory leader was..Partly my senility and partly him being so pointless
I'm like that with the Lib Dems. And the leaders of the Scottish opposition branch offices parties. Lost track of them quite some time ago. 🤷‍♀️

Here's the interview - no paywall ATM -
Paywall bypass
Normally I’d be interested to read something that gives an insight into someone significant. With her though, I just don’t have the heart or stomach to take a look.

There’s no question that the experience of last autumn was bruising for me personally, but it taught me a lot and I will expand upon the lessons I have learnt in the coming weeks and months.
Christ does she have to?

Normally I’d be interested to read something that gives an insight into someone significant. With her though, I just don’t have the heart or stomach to take a look.
I expect the walking embarrassment aspect and seeing her doubling down that 'she was right' could be a placeholder effort.

God she's so fucking obliviously insane

Her view is not hers alone - its basically the majority one amongst tory party members, and one they will vote in to lead the party again when they're given the chance, presumably in a couple of years when Rishi Sunak has to step down

Her view is not hers alone - its basically the majority one amongst tory party members, and one they will vote in to lead the party again when they're given the chance, presumably in a couple of years when Rishi Sunak has to step down
it's that. the way in the article she bangs on about her "mandate" and complains that the reality did not bend to that.
as if the market should price government bonds on her diktat instead of every participant making their own judgement of their worth and bidding/offering on that. a radical position for the conservative party to take.

I'd welcome Liz Truss' return to front line politics for the Tories. She's the punchline to a joke which would be hilarious if it hadn't impacted negatively so many lives in a laughably short stretch of time.

Take Ed Miliband as an example (n.b. please don'ttake this as any kind of support from me, I'm talking from a generic "person on the street" point of view). He ate his bacon sandwich badly, became a running joke, lost an election, got cast aside. Since then he's been in full image rehabilitation mode - been funny on twitter, done a few radio 2 slots, given a few speeches in parliament that have attracted YouTube views by the bucketload. He's returned to being a senior Labour talking head, yet he can't really harbour any ambitions of a return to the higher offices because he's such an easy target - after all, look at him; can't even eat a bacon sandwich properly.

Liz Truss didn't eat a bacon sandwich badly. Her and her chancellor personally put 400 quid on your monthly mortgage. Her supporters can rally around all they want, steer the Tory party in the 'low tax, growth growth growth' direction, rally around her tweets and her Torygraph puff pieces; when push comes to shove the court of public opinion will still have her as that arrogant, thick as mince pub quiz answer who stuck 400 quid on your mortgage. So stick her as a returning figurehead for the Tories, it'll be funny watching them eat themselves alive.

"...Needless to say, I had the last laugh."

Yes, my mind automatically read it in Alan Partidge's voice too.

What's going on here BTW?

FoL9USdXgAAnwCu

Back
Top Bottom