Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

mps only to vote on next PM. Between Mourdant and Sunak? Johnsons back in for lols? Cruella for the loons?
No idea myself, but if the suggestion was Mourdant agreed to just take the party up to the next election, whether her or someone else maybe that's the only way to get someone to take it and others to get behind?

Someone towards the start of their career, for whom it would be a platform to build on, rather than their 'one and only shot', which likely wouldn't appeal to any of the bigger names?

Or maybe someone bland who is happy to give it a go for two years because they never thought they'd get anywhere near the job otherwise, so anything is a bonus rather than a 'wasted opportunity'?

Mordaunt must be watching the lettuce cam since she just told MPs to keep calm and carry on, just like the mug thats currently present in the scene on that camera.

OK Yep. Hands up. I was wrong.

Had Truss surviving until mid Nov at least. Markets settled down with Hunt in charge. Grey men calling the shots and a potential replacement being sought out behind the scenes. Yesterday's rediculous chaos made that untenable.

Whatever the detail it means the new leader will be decided within a week.
Well they obviously would like a coronation. But with them fighting like rats in a sack I'm not sure how practical that is. Or what position it leaves any leader in.

i reckon it'll probably be Mordaunt, because fewer people hate her, because nobody knows who she is and she can do the media performances. With Sunak as chancellor.
I suspect this is correct.

Can anyone remember how many votes she missed out on going into the final round by last time?

Back
Top Bottom