Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

it doesn't seem so long ago that the new government was triumphing the point of interest that for the first time in history all four of the great offices of state were held by people not white & male.
now in the space of a week 2 (Chancellor & Home Sec) have been replaced with just that. another 1 (PM not looking to be around for long with a couple leading contenders also a reversion to type.

not suggesting any conspiracy behind it. it just seemed strange how quickly that record breaking combo didn't last.

Tiny gif, lemme help. Apparently trickery for some Oz documentary for those concerned about watching a car crash.

live-saobracajka.gif

Enjoying the cluster fuck going out live on the news. I really like the the chap with the banners behind the live interviews opposite parliament. Love his 'MUCH WORSE THAN USELESS' poster of Truss

Reactions: Sue
Why would you test your authority or their loyalty today though, when you’re very obviously half dead.
It’s like they’re trying to make the MPs eat a steaming shit sandwich live on telly to prove how much they love Liz, or Hunt, which none of them do. Makes no sense.

Could it be a deliberate attempt to force her to resign? That would be great entertainment, especially after this afternoon's 'comeback'.

My bet is Truss is gone by the end of the day
Ha, no chance. This is suring up the leaking boat. The narative is switching to get behind the govt, no time to focus on internal party differences. Mistakes been made but blah, blah. And thus, she'll win the vote tonight.

Ha, no chance. This is suring up the leaking boat. The narative is switching to get behind the govt, no time to focus on internal party differences. Mistakes been made but blah, blah. And thus, she'll win the vote tonight.
I guess if they've dropped the three line whip we can probably expect a decent size rebellion tbf. I'm doubtful it'll be enough for them to lose it, but

Back
Top Bottom