Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

Why are they telling their MPs that they have to vote for fracking or get dewhipped? Seriously why? I don’t understand any of it.
Moratorium on fracking was their 2019 policy & none of their constituents want to be fracked.
Is it skulduggery like if you don’t have the whip you can’t no confidence Liz?

If not that then what explains it? Seems entirely mad.

I once wrote a text to my manager whining about a colleague (and calling him a cunt) that kept taking dodgy sickies and I kept being bullied into covering for and then sent it to the colleague. But I'm not the Home Secretary.

I accidentally signed off an email to my boss with 'retards' rather than 'regards' once. They didn't notice though, so I guess that tells me how much they actually care

Why are they telling their MPs that they have to vote for fracking or get dewhipped? Seriously why? I don’t understand any of it.
Moratorium on fracking was their 2019 policy & none of their constituents want to be fracked.
Is it skulduggery like if you don’t have the whip you can’t no confidence Liz? If not that then what explains it? Seems entirely mad.

Nor does Truss.

:D cc'd wrong person that's exactly the sort we need for Home Secretary.
pIHJuWdaf9gO.gif

:hmm: :D

Why is it happening it’s not just random chance or that the whip is drunk.
Got to be a reason.

The whips are only acting on Truss' instructions, she is clearly in denial about the lack of support for this policy, and her.

It shows how strong she is and how she won't stand for any dissent in HER Conservative Party or else :mad:

:fingers crossed: :)

Why is it happening it’s not just random chance or that the whip is drunk.
Got to be a reason.
To test the authority of the party. If it can squeeze through a pretty unpopular bill then they can be more confident that they can do business in future. And it's not Truss's authority, it's Hunt et al's.

To test the authority of the party. If it can squeeze through a pretty unpopular bill then they can be more confident that they can do business in future. And it's not Truss's authority, it's Hunt et al's.
Why would you test your authority or their loyalty today though, when you’re very obviously half dead.
It’s like they’re trying to make the MPs eat a steaming shit sandwich live on telly to prove how much they love Liz, or Hunt, which none of them do. Makes no sense.

There are that many clubs and knives heading in her direction that they are bouncing off each other and never quite hitting the target.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde

To lose one cabinet member, Ms. Truss, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.

I'm enjoying this :D

Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom