Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Liz Truss’s time is up

"Pretending we haven't made mistakes, carrying on as if everyone can't see that we have made them, and hoping that things will magically come right is not serious politics. I have made a mistake; I accept responsibility; I resign."

Ouch

It's quite elegantly done tbf.

It doesn't seem like a massive and irrecoverable mistake, really.
Was it that the knives were out she wanted to stick in a couple of her own?

She would have been thoroughly inducted on security protocols seeing as she’s essentially in charge of the UK’s security. If she shared a classified doc via WhatsApp or some shitty gmail account on her phone it was a conscious decision. Probably based in her thinking the rules she applies to others do not constrain her. If any other civil servant mishandled classified info they would expect to be given the boot too. Fuck her.

Grant Shapps - FFS. Every time I think the current bunch of wankers can’t get any worse they pull another clueless fucktard out of their never ending box of dildo-heads. I suppose at least if he is forced to resign, Michael Green can jump straight in to take over.

1666195823470.png

She would have been thoroughly inducted on security protocols seeing as she’s essentially in charge of the UK’s security. If she shared a classified doc via WhatsApp or some shitty gmail account on her phone it was a conscious decision. Probably based in her thinking the rules she applies to others do not constrain her. If any other civil servant mishandled classified info they would expect to be given the boot too. Fuck her.
Hmmm. It just sounds like the kind of thing governments do all the time. Leaking shit.

She's chosen this as the excuse to resign with, surely, in order to write that resignation letter.

Oh, it wasn't really sympathy, just that there would be other machinations in play.
It's not like she tried to contract ferrying services from a pretend company that had copied and pasted its T&Cs from a pizza shop.

I bet far worse happens pretty much daily.

Hmmm. It just sounds like the kind of thing governments do all the time. Leaking shit.

She's chosen this as the excuse to resign with, surely, in order to write that resignation letter.

Sounds just as likely like she was grassed up.

I can’t imagine even chinless Hunt being impressed with her performance in Parliament yesterday. Not exactly exuding rational competence.

If she does not sack them, that is it. Her authority gone. If she does (and if there are enough of them) her majority has gone and that is it.

Vote at 7pm

popcorn

She's going to lose the fracking/confidence vote, isn't she?

It's all not quite as funny as the clown car resignations of Johnson's Comedy Wednesday, but entertaining none the less. Truss has to resign before the end of the day or government falls and it's GE time...

Back
Top Bottom